can we see some youth please

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
cheddar404 said:
Arguably even higher stakes than giving one of our youngsters a chance then..

He has played 12 times this season. Our ambitions are a lot more than being in a relegation scrap.
I don't understand your point at all.

Should we stay away from any and all youngsters in lower league teams like Stones because our ambitions are a lot more than being in the Championship/League One/League Two?

Yes we should avoid players such as Stones.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
cheddar404 said:
Arguably even higher stakes than giving one of our youngsters a chance then..

He has played 12 times this season. Our ambitions are a lot more than being in a relegation scrap.

I dont understand what you are trying to imply ?

Its more of a risk for a relegation side to play a youngster than it it for us to. Are you implying that our ambitions our higher therefore we can't play youngsters ?

Apart from the game against us and the FA Cup semi final he hasn't shown the kind of consistency required.

bellsouth said:
I can understand that with the importance of points and the size of our squad, there could be a reluctance to try some of the youth players but surely the potential upside is worth having one in the matchday squad at all times. The best of the young players need an opportunity to see if they can make the (enormous) step-up to first team. You never know what you might discover.

Serious question, but where do you think Harry Kane would be now in his career if he'd been in our youth set-up? I think he'd be out on loan somewhere and probably not to a Premier League team.

If there not going to play, no point being in the squad. As posted earlier, it only takes one or two losses in the PL now and you are on the back foot straight away. I cannot see any manager with aspirations or a remit of winning titles blooding kids in the PL games (which I would agree with). If he did and we lost, he would be slaughtered.

Genuine question for all those in favour of youth playing PL games. Would you be happy if we were struggling to make top 4 having given youth a try?

For me, we make the COC a scrificial cup and try them there. If they are that good enough, they will be noticed.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bellsouth said:
I can understand that with the importance of points and the size of our squad, there could be a reluctance to try some of the youth players but surely the potential upside is worth having one in the matchday squad at all times. The best of the young players need an opportunity to see if they can make the (enormous) step-up to first team. You never know what you might discover.

Serious question, but where do you think Harry Kane would be now in his career if he'd been in our youth set-up? I think he'd be out on loan somewhere and probably not to a Premier League team.

he wouldn't be in the team he'd either be in the eds or always out on loan. If sterling, barkley and stones were from our academy I doubt they would have played for us either. They need to be given a chance. Unfortunately just like chelsea who have loads of talented young players. i think barely any will get a chance.

“just like Chelsea, who have loads of talented players….”

So, that’s two teams who don’t believe in playing youngsters just for the sake of seeing if they eventually end up being good enough. And those two teams currently sit first and second in one of the world’s most difficult leagues.

Youth team players. Not. Good. Enough.

Ray78 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:

Its more of a risk for a relegation side to play a youngster than it it for us to. Are you implying that our ambitions our higher therefore we can't play youngsters ?

Apart from the game against us and the FA Cup semi final he hasn't shown the kind of consistency required.

obviously he hasn't. But he isn't going to be amazing every week. Then again neither is kompany or a lot of our players. If your expecting that level of performance every week from every 18 year old we will never have a young player in the team. Having a youngster come of the bench or start cup games isn't go to do us any harm or suddenly make us in a relegation scrap.

johnnytapia said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bellsouth said:

he wouldn't be in the team he'd either be in the eds or always out on loan. If sterling, barkley and stones were from our academy I doubt they would have played for us either. They need to be given a chance. Unfortunately just like chelsea who have loads of talented young players. i think barely any will get a chance.

“just like Chelsea, who have loads of talented players….”

So, that’s two teams who don’t believe in playing youngsters just for the sake of seeing if they eventually end up being good enough. And those two teams currently sit first and second in one of the world’s most difficult leagues.

Youth team players. Not. Good. Enough.

Right ........
Yes we and them are 1st and second. So lets say we put in barker or angelino on in a cup game how would that affect league positions. Or playing barker when 3-0 up with ten minutes to go.

how is any young player meant to make it if they are never going to be played

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:
I don't understand your point at all.

Should we stay away from any and all youngsters in lower league teams like Stones because our ambitions are a lot more than being in the Championship/League One/League Two?

Yes we should avoid players such as Stones.
Ok then

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

obviously he hasn't. But he isn't going to be amazing every week. Then again neither is kompany or a lot of our players. If your expecting that level of performance every week from every 18 year old we will never have a young player in the team. Having a youngster come of the bench or start cup games isn't go to do us any harm or suddenly make us in a relegation scrap.

Judge him next season and not before.

Its quite often the smaller clubs with a low transfer budget bring players through! Not the established top 4 or 5 you might get 1 or 2 but not a lot! Terry/scholes are the last 2 truly world class players to come through the ranks at there clubs! Oh and rooney at Everton! We've not done to bad at bringing players through who have made good careers at a decent level

kasper
richards
onouha
mee
trippier
Jordan
phillips
barton
ireland
flood
sturridge
phillips
weise

feel free to add any more from the last 10 seasons!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Its quite often the smaller clubs with a low transfer budget bring players through! Not the established top 4 or 5 you might get 1 or 2 but not a lot! Terry/scholes are the last 2 truly world class players to come through the ranks at there clubs! Oh and rooney at Everton! We've not done to bad at bringing players through who have made good careers at a decent level

kasper
richards
onouha
mee
trippier
Jordan
phillips
barton
ireland
flood
sturridge
phillips
weise

feel free to add any more from the last 10 seasons!

Elliott and Meppen-Walter at Carlisle United who have just escaped relegation out of the Football League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.