can we see some youth please

When you loan out most of the players in or approaching the main age group for breakthroughs (20-22) that limits your options though. I also don't think the group not out on loan look ready yet, most seem very lightweight as we saw against Chelsea and when Pozo was given a few appearances. Maybe you could try Barker as a last 10 minute impact sub but against higher caliber opposition recently (Schalke, Chelsea) he has been handled quite easily. If Lopes, Denayer and possibly even Rekik (I'm not a big fan, though) were here, I think they'd be closer because they are now close to being men rather than boys. Denayer would certainly be on the bench ahead of Boyata. When this crop of 17-18 year olds are 20-22 and have some experience it will be very interesting to see how good they are because they look better than our previous youth generations.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Ray78 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Not a chance we will see any youth come through with Pellegrini

It will be exactly the same with the new manager.
If Denayer isn't given a chance next season I don't see much hope in any youth player making it here tbh.

We have only just moved to new facilities and we have gone through a number of youth team coaches since the takeover. It still needs time and patience to fully develop the right players to fit in with the first time.

I would sooner see a youth player in the first team than Lampard. Pellegrini hasn't got the bottle to put one in. I can understand his reservations but we are in this situation because he has shown scant/unknowing regard for tactics against teams we should have been beating instead of being beaten by.

Damocles said:
Being banging this drum personally since the middle of last season in a hopefully growing movement. I'm extremely concerned with the lack of chances given to Academy players over the past few years and how this will affect our ability to recruit in the future. Pellegrini specifically is very adverse to playing young players when it would make sense to do so. He isn't brave enough in this regard and to be honest this is my biggest criticism of a person I believe to otherwise to a talented manager.

I watch our youth players pretty regularly and we have some belting players who need to be challenged here to see if they sink or swim rather than utilizing a loan system where the long term benefits are suspect for first team players.

Certainly others in the PL have blooded their youngsters without too much of a problem.
If our PL team plays as badly as they did yesterday I think it is difficult to judge the young in say Aston Villa. By that I mean is Grealish a real talent or were we so bad that he was made to look good ?

It is worrying times and if the team starts to surrender the ball as well as the motivation to regain it then they do not deserve to wear the shirt let alone take home their pay packets.

ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games

Who says they are ready? As others have said, we are still scrapping to avoid 4th. Gambling on youth now is not the right time.

OK. How are we ever going to find out if they're ready if they're never given a chance. It's piss poor really, and we deserve every bit of stick we get for not blooding any of them.

Too much pressure to finish as high as possible to play risk any young lads playing. It's rubbish, but that's the rod the board has made for the manager's back.

Itis a real shame we have not seen any of the young players this year besides when Pozo was hung out to dry earlier in the season.

If anything you would think learning from that situation a player like Pozo should be given cameos as a sub, such as the West Ham game, in his favoured position in preparation for the time we may need him.

We have an obsession at City that every player needs to be a seasoned international or some how we are undermining the first team. However youth players can bring another skillset such as energy, enthusiasm two qualities most observers would say we are lacking.

There are many precedents in this league where young players have strengthened our rivals. Coquelin is being lauded as one of the reasons for Arsenals good form, Kane is challenging for the golden boot, and Liverpool would be a lot weaker without Sterling

In addition Mason, Bentaleb, Ibe, Chambers, Blackett, Mcnair, Zouma have also contributed.

Some posters may be correct that the best players suitable to make an impact are out on loan. However we still have Pozo and if he had played the twenty minutes against a lacklustre West Ham, in the hole behind the striker, and we had slipped up it would have hardly have been his fault. The fact the manager chose seasoned alternatives highlights the lack of opportunities for youth players and like others have said we deserve the criticism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.