Can we still do it?

Re: We can still do it!! - Can we?

Is there less chance of Ajax beating Dortmond at home than of United losing to Wigan and drawing against Everton?

Is it less likely that City will beat RM and Dortmond than it was of City beating United and Newcastle away plus WBA, Norwich, Wolves & QPR?

cibaman said:
Is there less chance of Ajax beating Dortmond at home than of United losing to Wigan and drawing against Everton?

Is it less likely that City will beat RM and Dortmond than it was of City beating United and Newcastle away plus WBA, Norwich, Wolves & QPR?

Yes it is less likely because if you haven't noticed we are crap in Europe.

In 10 games in the CL we have won 3. 2 against a relegated Spanish side and 1 against Munich reserves.

I would say its highly unlikely.

We need to fuck this off now & concentrate on the league/F.A. Cup.

I'm confident ajax will take something off either dortmund or madrid. It's the city beating madrid and dortmund i'm not confident about.

But what hell, everyone will finish on 8 points...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
cibaman said:
In 10 games in the CL we have won 3. 2 against a relegated Spanish side and 1 against Munich reserves.

Poor Villarreal. They must feel horrible, CL last year, even better CL runs 3-4 years ago.

And this year they are in Segunda Division just behind Girona, Almeria, Alcorcon, Elche.

Beating them twice last year isnt that big thing after all. Most of the La Liga sides could beat them that's why they got relegated.

The Bayern Reserve beating also not a big compliment, is it?
They came to the Etihad with already being sure about 1st place of the group.

Kenney , Kenney lad ....

i said on here even BEFORE the Ajax game that we'd blown it , we just aren't coping with Europe , and only the optimistic , the naive , or the blinkered , will still believe that we are gonna progress from this group .... it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN , and to be honest , i doubt very much whether it would have happened EVEN if we'd beaten Ajax last night.

Real Madrid and Dortmund have looked the most likely to progress from the word go in this group , and they STILL look the most likely too ..... no matter what a resurgent Ajax might think !

In these group games most of the sides who progress , make their mark EARLY ..... that EASES the pressure on them , and only serves to heap it on clubs who struggle ... like us !!!!

We are now four games in without even a single win , we have failed TWICE to beat what people saw as the 'weakest' opposition in Ajax , and the pressure which has been there for us since the group games first started , has now , in our case , become unbearable ..... you can see it etched all over Mancinis face .

I repeat once again , as i did two weeks back ..... IT'S JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN !!!

Loko in 2002/2003 and Porto in 2004/2005 with same amount of points (as us) after 4 games gone through their groups.

If we beat Madrid and Ajax beat Dortmund then it's all setup for a final in Dortmund. Not that implausible when you consider the fact that Ajax are a damn good team and were only minutes away from a draw in Dortmund.

In all honesty though I really don't give a shit about the competition. I always said the third year is when we should attack it properly and for now I'd be happy to finish 4th.

Here's how City are going to qualify

City beat Real Madrid
Ajax beat Borussia Dortmund

then

City beat Dortmund
Real beat Ajax

leaving
Real 10
City 8
Dortmund 8
Ajax 7

City would finish above Dortmund due to better aggregate scores between the two teams.
Not sure what would happen if Real v Ajax ends in a draw, as they'd all have 8 points with multiple combinations of aggregate scores.

However, by my reckoning, it's still within reach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.