Can we still do it?

Re: We can still do it!! - Can we?

Roberto just said it. "Noooo, eeezz eeempossible". No mind games here. Just forget about it guys. Dont want Europa at all. Farce of a cup.

We beat Real and Ajax beat Dortmund it's a possibility as Dortmund will have 8 points, Real 7, Ajax 7 and us 5....we beat Dortmund and the other game is not a draw we qualify second....easy ;)

Dortmund won't put the same energy levels into their Ajax game as the City and Real games as it's less cup final-esque for them and they were very lucky to beat Ajax 1-0 at home, so the away match won't be as straightforward as it looks having seen Dortmund at their best.

With that said even the biggest optimist has to admit we have next to no chance of going through. I hope Mancini targets third, being one of those who wants us in the Europa League for more than one reason (including our coefficient).

Blue Tooth said:
We beat Real and Ajax beat Dortmund it's a possibility as Dortmund will have 8 points, Real 7, Ajax 7 and us 5....we beat Dortmund and the other game is not a draw we qualify second....easy ;)

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, it's gone we need to move on. Hope we don't end up in the Europa League because that is a kiss of death!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Blue Tooth said:

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, it's gone we need to move on. Hope we don't end up in the Europa League because that is a kiss of death!

2nd of 4th please.. I guess EL would give us few coeficient points but don't think it's worth a hassle.

I'd rather see our best team to play each week in PL than to see bulk changes all the time due to EL.

Not sure how true it is, but someone said on another thread that if Atletico Madrid had qualified for the CL, they'd have been in pot 1 for the Champions League this year.

Not sure if that was due to their ranking points or the fact that they won The Europa League last season.

If it's the latter, we should go all out to win that trophy. In fact we should go all out to win it anyway. As we should do with the Madrid & Dortmund games.

Can't see us winning any of the remaining two fixtures to be honest.
Ajax home and away we needed a minimum of 4 points to stand any chance in my opinion.
Madrid will beat us and I can see us getting absolutely dicked at Dortmund, who are the best team in this group.

Would rather us finish bottom as opposed to going into the Europa league. You could argue it's a chance for the fringe players to get some game time in that competition, but I think it would be too much of a distraction on the whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.