Can we still do it?

Re: We can still do it!! - Can we?

Cielo Azzurro said:
Loko in 2002/2003 and Porto in 2004/2005 with same amount of points (as us) after 4 games gone through their groups.

Too much of a rarity .....

and neither will have been a group as tough as this.

How can anybody predict that we'll win in Dortmund , we'll be lucky if we even get the draw .... we aren't good enough to say with any positivity that we'll even come through that game , let alone beat Madrid at home.

And Ajax aren't doing us any favours either ...... their apparent resurgence will only keep Madrid and Dortmund 'on their toes'!

Ntini77 said:
I'm firmly of the belief that we won't win a game.

I think we'll finish with a bang like last season , and beat Madrid ...... but by then it'll be neither use nor ornament !

Re: We can still do it!!

akcity said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
****MODS DO NOT MERGE AS THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE AJAX GAME****

I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

...and then we have to beat Madrid and hope that Ajax get something off Dortmund. Oh and then we need to win in Germany!

At the moment, I'm not convinced we can beat Ajax!

Whichever way it's dressed up, we need an outcome of biblical proportions just to stand a chance of qualifying.

if my aunty had gonads she would have been my uncle

black mamba said:
Cielo Azzurro said:
Loko in 2002/2003 and Porto in 2004/2005 with same amount of points (as us) after 4 games gone through their groups.

How can anybody predict that we'll win in Dortmund , we'll be lucky if we even get the draw .... we aren't good enough to say with any positivity that we'll even come through that game , let alone beat Madrid at home.

And Ajax aren't doing us any favours either ...... their apparent resurgence will only keep Madrid and Dortmund 'on their toes'!
I agree with some of your points, but I was just saying that same situations happened before..

"How Manchester City can still qualify from their Champions League group ... really"
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9660782/How-Manchester-City-can-still-qualify-from-their-Champions-League-group-...-really.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eally.html</a>

I'm not getting my hopes up, just a simple thought - everything is possible, but now we rely on other teams, of course if we win next 2 games. Who knows..

black mamba said:
Cielo Azzurro said:

I think the Madrid game is the more difficult. We'll go into that game badly lacking confidence. And they're ideally suited to catching us on the break.

IF we did beat Madrid and IF Ajax beat Dortmond, I would fancy our chances in Dortmond. There would be a huge switch in momentum, a win against RM would give us our belief back. Dortmond could easily be caught in two minds as to whether to go for the win or for the draw.

Since their performance at the Etihad, Dortmond have been built up into some sort of superpower. But they are far from invincible.

Will and can are two different things.

Ajax are not that great. We made them look good so them beating a very good Dortmund side is a long shot.

Us beating both real Madrid and Dortmund based on our performances so far is almost laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.