Can we surpass last season?

Europe will be more of a priority this year so I'll say no.
Gary Neville, May 2018; “now you’ve won the Premier League, next season if you could choose wheat would you rather win the league or the Chmapions League?”

Pep Gaurdiola, May 2018; “easy, the Premier League! The league is always the most important”

In terms of points, no, we won’t get 100 points again. I’m not sure if I’ll ever see that from anyone in my lifetime again.

In terms of trophies, yes, a very good chance.

No. A 100 points in a season will never be achieved again by any professional football club worldwide.

Not even by those clubs who, unlike ourselves of course, continuously boast about their past ‘istry

You do know 100 points has been reached several times before outside of England?

Juventus 2014, Barcelona 2013, Real Madrid 2012.

No one will ever get 100 points again in England but winning the treble (PL,CL and FA Cup) would beat last season and shut up the Rags for ever.

The only record we will break is no one back to back winning the prem since 2009, and Aguerro being top goal scorer and undioibtedly getting the POTY and Golden Boot no matter what Liverpool agenda there is. He deserves it tbh, mostly ignored by the media in this country I would like to see the team play towards that

looking forward to a great season, but better last, no chance.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The chances of 100 points plus is remote but a better season with the players even more in tune with each other is a real possibility.

Personally I think there will be a drop off from last season, but we could drop 20 points and still win the title! I have a really good feeling about the FA Cup this year over the last few years its a competition we have underperformed in and Europe SHOULD provide a chance to get into the draw for the last 16 without too many issues. So we could have a drop in performance and still win the league, cup, and get to the quarter finals of the champions league!

He does, because he can't possibly play 60 games a season (suspensions will see to that anyway), but we have plenty that can cover short term.

I was talking about help in individual games where he starts, not him playing 50+ matches on the bounce

Of course he'll be rested in some "lesser" games and we have more than adequate cover for these

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.