Can we surpass last season?

Almost impossible to top the 100 points but plenty of room exists for improving how clinical we are in the final third so setting a new goal scoring record should be possible. We won't win more league games than last season but it would be nice to put more games that we win to bed earlier, kill more teams off by half-time then play exhibition stuff. That won't be simple by any means as we will presumably be faced by a procession of determined bus parkers, which is where being more clinical comes in.

Our squad should be capable of delivering a better trophy haul i.e. league plus a more prestigious cup than the League Cup but just retaining the title in style would be something new and special for this club.

It's time now though just, as Pep keeps reiterating, to focus on the next game and go game by game. Consecutive league wins at Arsenal would I think be a first for us so let's set that record.

If you're talking league points gained, I'd say almost definitely no. It was a freak season; only two defeats in 38 games. It's unlikely we'll do that again; we're bound to have a few off days. It then depends if the opposition can take advantage of that. As for goals scored? Not sure on that. We actually aren't all that clinical in front of goal. We seem to miss a lot of chances. So, if we were to sharpen up our finishing and hand out two or three real hidings (6 or 7 goals), then maybe.

No, not in the league, i think it'll be a lot closer this season but i'd like to think we could do a lot better in the CL

If we can take more advantage of the chances we create, then there is no reason why we can't get another 100pts. Against Chelsea we were again missing chances, to put this game to bed. Sergio should have at least another 2 if not more goals in this game.

For me win the league again and add the FA Cup and it will be a successful season. I can't see us winning the Champions League, while all the old guard are running UEFA, and especially with David Gill still being their.

I think we'll get 104 points because we'll draw against Liverpool away and beat united at home. No I don't.

Probably not on points, perhaps on goals. But actually I don't care as long as we win the PL title again, no matter what margin. Winning a second PL title in a row is IMO a bigger achievement than winning the first one.

What records have we still got to break?

In regard to the 100 point mark there are now 4 clubs in European history that have achieved this feat, City being one. That's right, 4 teams. Let that sink in for a moment. Since then we've strengthened. Not by much, but all our main players are all fit and raring to go. They also have the advantage of having played together for a season and know each other's game and abilities, something that other clubs new boys have to learn the hard way, under pressure.

As for next season, starting Sunday, carry on where we left off last Sunday by playing incisive football, like we did at the Emirates last year. Arsenal have a relatively new defence - let's see how good they are. For the rest of the season, sit back and enjoy it.

I expect to.

Not a chance on goals or points. I think we'll retain the league but with a points total in the lower to mid 90's. If we thought teams sat back on us last year it will be much worse this year. Who's going to step on the field and actually try to play?

I hope we can break down teams easier this year and not have to wait for last-minute goals. If they can do that this season than I think we will have improved.
If we can keep up the high tempo for longer periods throughout games than we will have improved.
If we let in fewer goals then we will have improved.
We have a stronger squad this season and even with injuries, we should have a stronger squad throughout the season.
So much can happen in a game that winning 18 games in a row will be difficult but not impossible.
If we can win a treble including Champions League then that will be progression even if we don't get 100 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.