Can We Talk About Away Fans?

the originalkippaxman said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Going to hazard a guess that those singing it were about 21 with no idea that we have moved on from that

Yeah blame the young lads. How about if you don't know for a fact then you don't bother hazarding a guess.

I can hazard a guess because from watching city for over 30 years and having definitely been to more games than you could imagine, I find that's who it tends to be. You should go to a few away days you might actually see it for yourself.

Haha nice try - I do a hell of a lot of aways including yesterday. I'm not saying all the younger lads are whiter than white but they certainly aren't to blame for all that is wrong which you seem to be suggesting.

The only ones I noticed doing the "Munich" gestures were the bellends in the home section next to the away fans behind the goal... I'll hazard a guess that none of them were arrested....

Ah well, never mind we got the beating the performance deserved on the field.

Thought the support was great at the end of the game. Spicy atmosphere getting to the coach afterwards. Does anyone know how the young lad with the badly cut forehead who was to the right of the entrance is ? Seeing him upset quite a few blues and resulted in the bad atmosphere on the forecourt.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:
What always puzzles me about the Old Trafford Derby is how so many young supporters get tickets.
It was the same in Plzen when City were only allocated about 600 .

Surely, under the official loyal points criteria, you would need to have been going regularly for 20 years to qualify for these sort of games?

Or am I being naive?

Surely thats a good thing. If we have the same fans going every away game how are the young people meant to get tickets. The more young people at matches the better

I think you've misunderstood.

I wasn't saying that it was a bad thing, and I agree wholeheartedly that away games shouldn't be a closed shop.
I was just puzzled that so many gangs of young people (not just young kids with their parents) were in the City section, despite the fixture selling out at somewhere around 13,000 points.

Now if you're 21 with 13,500 points, then (based on the points gained from my own attendance record) you must have been doing around 15 away games a season since you were 10.

Fair play if you fall into that category.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
What always puzzles me about the Old Trafford Derby is how so many young supporters get tickets.

Surely, under the official loyal points criteria, you would need to have been going regularly for 20 years to qualify for these sort of games?

Or am I being naive?

Surely thats a good thing. If we have the same fans going every away game how are the young people meant to get tickets. The more young people at matches the better

I wasn't saying that it was a bad thing, and I agree wholeheartedly that away games shouldn't be a closed shop.
I was just puzzled that so many gangs of young people (not just young kids with their parents) were in the City section, despite the fixture selling out at somewhere around 13,000 points.

Now if you're 21 with 13,500 points, then (based on the points gained from my own attendance record) you must have been doing around 15 away games a season since you were 10.

They'll be from that branch of the OSC that is often referred to on here without anyone mentioning its name. ;-)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Or am I being naive?

OSC, that's why.

usually fans doing every away match get priority within OSC branches for tickets

bluemoon98 said:
disgusting behaviour, ashamed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgmsbEPm4g[/video]

Brave! Saw a lad in front of me giving it the munich arms before the game, he was pointed out to a few stewards by some untied fans and removed. Right at the segregation line he was doing it as well!

They are very precious about these munich insults but have no problem dishing out the murderers insults / hillsborough songs. They need to sort their own house out before they start pointing accusing fingers at us imo

No excuse for the Munich stuff of course.

One thing that makes me laugh every year about that place though is the rent-a-mob that stand outside the away turnstiles goading the City fans and the police not moving the fuckers on. I can't think of another ground in the country where that goes on, or would even be allowed. While it doesn't intimidate me too much and usually results in me laughing at the sad mouth-foaming twats, I can imagine it's pretty nerve-racking for some of our more vulnerable fans.

M18CTID said:
No excuse for the Munich stuff of course.

One thing that makes me laugh every year about that place though is the rent-a-mob that stand outside the away turnstiles goading the City fans and the police not moving the fuckers on. I can't think of another ground in the country where that goes on, or would even be allowed. While it doesn't intimidate me too much and usually results in me laughing at the sad mouth-foaming twats, I can imagine it's pretty nerve-racking for some of our more vulnerable fans.

Before the game, i was thinking to myself, that I won't bother again. There's too many unsavoury, loathsome characters, hanging on the periphery, looking for a cheap punch.

I've been doing the swamp derby regularly for almost 40 years, and win, lose, or draw, I simply hate the club, the kit, the fans, the numerous dickheads, their obsession with size, the tourists, the way that City fans are treated, the self appointed celebrities like Colin Blaney, the way they rewrote the George Best story, and most of all those hypocritical clowns playing the holier than thou card when it comes to the Munich chants.
Also, it must be the only ground in the country where the away fans are completely surrounded by the home fans.
I left when it went 4-1 and I won't be returning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.