Can we win the premier league ?

mammutly said:
We have to believe it is possible. The team has to go into every game with confidence. Gone are the days when ' a decent performance' was considered good enough. These days we should be expecting more - a lot more.

If we are not still in with a chance of the title with 4 games to go, I would regard this season as a failure.

I lol'd.

ManCityX said:
mammutly said:
We have to believe it is possible. The team has to go into every game with confidence. Gone are the days when ' a decent performance' was considered good enough. These days we should be expecting more - a lot more.

If we are not still in with a chance of the title with 4 games to go, I would regard this season as a failure.

I lol'd.

I expect too much?

Bossman Blue said:
We are only just playing OK for most of the 90 minutes. At times we have looked world beaters but we have still only played a team who scraped out of relegation last year, a promoted team and one who had sold half its team in the last 4 weeks. Next 2 games will give a good indication of where we could finish.
I think this squad can compete for a top 4 position, but Chelsea look way out ahead of anyone else at the moment. They might have problems replacing their ageing players in 12 months time though. They are at or just beyond their peak now, and surely would have won the title in the last couple of seasons had it not been for managerial changes.

City should improve as the months go by. We have injured players to come in, and the teamwork will improve with training and games.

I can see us quite easily losing the next 2 games, but by the end of the season we should be in the hunt for a Champions League place, and then we will have arrived

Rammyblues said:
Prem is a marathon not a sprint. Every year I think we can win it but normally around November time reality kicks in. Lets see how we do over the next few games Arsenal and away at the swamp against the scum will probably shape how things will go. Still positive though we can win it but it is a big ask.

Blimey rammy if you think that before this season we've had any chance of winning the league you are the eternal optimist lol. Good on you mate for believing in us but can I have whatever you're having.

Sorry, you lot have got no chance of the title. I expect you to finish 6th at best.

mammutly said:

Ahh, those exacting standards of yours...up until this nugget I was nodding my head with what you posted....

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Ahh, those exacting standards of yours...up until this nugget I was nodding my head with what you posted....

Last season 7 points seperated the top 3. In 2007/8, it was 4 points.

So unless we are also ruling out top 3, those are the standards I expect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.