Can we win the premier league ?

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:
Ahh, those exacting standards of yours...up until this nugget I was nodding my head with what you posted....

Last season 7 points seperated the top 3. In 2007/8, it was 4 points.

So unless we are also ruling out top 3, those are the standards I expect.

I'm not ruling out anything mate. Not at all. Every season is different.

As I've said in the past, even if we miss out on the top 4 by one point, I will not reaching for the noose. We have a huge gap to make up between ourselves and the top 4. We've done very good business and we could well win the league if we're very lucky. We could also end up just missing out. It would be no disgrace...

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Last season 7 points seperated the top 3. In 2007/8, it was 4 points.

So unless we are also ruling out top 3, those are the standards I expect.

As I've said in the past, even if we miss out on the top 4 by one point, I will not reaching for the noose. We have a huge gap to make up between ourselves and the top 4. We've done very good business and we could well win the league if we're very lucky. We could also end up just missing out. It would be no disgrace...

Do you you know what, Billy? I finally agree with you.

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:

Wow, this is a first

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:

LOL....well, I knew it'd happen one day. After all we're both City fans...at some point our paths were always going to cross...

No. Consistency wins championships and I'd be thrilled if we had the consistency to push for 4th....1st is out of reach this year imho with Chelsea to win it somewhat comfortably.

liamctid said:
Can?

Yes.

Will?

No.

100% this. We do have the squad and no european football to distract us but chelsea, liverpool, aresenal and the rags have teams who are also good enough and strong enough and have years of experience in chasing titles and recover from bad spells sooner rather than later, we don't. We don't know how we would react should we lose a game yet either. Ade, tevez, barry and co are all looking good at the minute but should we hit a bad patch heads may drop and we could struggle.

And even if we were to gel and be awesome all season and come close I think we'd falter over the final furlong as it were. 1 or 2 of the other 4 may also but not all 4.

im not sure we will win the league in fact yes i am sure we wont BUT i feel with the squad we have and the start we have had i really do feel we have a very big say in being within the top 4 by the end of the season.

the key is quality players on the pitch and on the bench which we have,a very good moral within the team which we seem to have,a winning mentality which so far we have and the main factor consistency of which we seem to be workinfg very well at.

The only thing that will prevent us from winning is time. We have an amazing squad, if not the best in the premiership, but its how quickly we can gel. From what ive seen we have got quite lucky this season, but isnt it about time our luck changed? And 1-0 Is a great result no matter how many chances we get, it shows that for the 1st time in my lifetime we can hold a lead :), which has always been citys problem. Set Peices - Looking very very promising. We look dangerous from everywhere on the pitch and have the pace to counter. Ade is amazing! What a buy eh? Given is an absolute legend, the best in the prem without a doubt. The real test is Arsenal and then Chelsea. But all the top four arent solid at the back and with our attack we will score goals! Anyone noticed how shaky the rags are looking?? This could be the season they find themselves out of top 4. I think the vez is right fergie looks worried and has every right to be. Ronaldo and Tevezz gone??? Ouch! This could be the season, but ill be back after Arsenal :P

PS - Sylvinho on a free that should put a fire up bridges behind :P
Sparky is a legend (anyone whos worked under fergie is gonna be good, even though i hate to say it he is the best manager in the world, but doesnt have the best squad in the prem anymore).

Realistically
1)Chelsea
2)Arsenal
3)MCFC/Liverpool
4)MCFC/Liverpool
5)Tottenham
6) Scum

3rd or fourth is a huge possibility and as Cooke said stop the negative attitude! The skys the limit! But it depends on how we fare against Chelsea and Arsenal

Trying to forget our past and looking at the squads without bias is tough.

I honestly think we can't be too far away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.