Cancelling Sky TV

Update for anyone looking to cancel Sky.

I called today to cancel my subscription, my price is currently £89.00 per mth.

The guy who was really nice to be honest, he put my 31 day cancellation through and said “i’m supposed to try and get you to stay but even with a discount of X,Y and Z i still wouldn’t be able to get nearer the price your on”
God knows what they were going to be charging me in the future. Easier than i thought ;-)

Fuck you Neville & Caragher
They are still sending me letters, text’s and now another missed call off them today.

I cancelled 3mths ago!!!!!!

They must be struggling and i’m so glad, you scouse/rag centric biased shithouses.

I still have about 10 months left of my contract (£60pm, Broadband, Sky Signature, HD, Kids) contacted them through Messenger, told them I wanted to reduce costs, I now have Broadband (100Mbps) and basic TV for £35. The TV is rolling contract and broadband remains on existing contract. No questions or attempt to tell me I was tied in.

Will prob get a fire stick now.

Im currently trying to cancel or get a good deal.

the quality of there live chat has plummeted

Apparently Ofcom has said you cant cancel TV deals mid contract. Bullshit, I can cancel phone and Broadband apparently, just not TV? even though there website has early termination fees on it for TV.

Virgin seem to be bending over backwards to get new customers. the deals they have are currently very good.

I was literally half way through signing a new deal that was OK enough when the live chat agent had to finish for the day. after 2h. now the new one seems to want to start again!!

Apparently Ofcom has said you cant cancel TV deals mid contract. Bullshit, I can cancel phone and Broadband apparently, just not TV? even though there website has early termination fees on it for TV.

Virgin seem to be bending over backwards to get new customers. the deals they have are currently very good.
I'm with Virgin.

Have everything with them, all the channels, fast broadband, all for £79.

The actual package costs £88 but I have the £9 discount for 18 months.

Took a lot of haggling and a bit of being cheeky but got what I wanted

I was literally half way through signing a new deal that was OK enough when the live chat agent had to finish for the day. after 2h. now the new one seems to want to start again!!

Same thing happened with me the other day sorting my mums. Online chat was good when I last had sky about a year ago, now it was so slow. They kept trying to offer deals even though I said I don’t want TV. Then they kept saying I couldn’t have broadband on discount without TV. went on for hours backwards and forwards then fucked off for the day

next morning, Same again, hours to sort. Finally got what I wanted after threatening to cancel the lot.

I have just cancelled Sky, gone on Virgin, at nearly half the price, same package as sky bur with better broadband speeds , no regrets at all, should have done it sooner

Is it worth cancelling Sky to get this fire stick ?

I hear positive things but when people show me it all looks a bit naff, my mate showed me live match and it kept buffering and it doesn’t record etc

I'm with Virgin.

Have everything with them, all the channels, fast broadband, all for £79.

The actual package costs £88 but I have the £9 discount for 18 months.

Took a lot of haggling and a bit of being cheeky but got what I wanted.
I’m with Virgin too. You have to haggle every 18 months and it takes a few hours, but usually end up at around £80 a month for everything.

The TV and broadband is very good, but their call centre teams are crap.

You have got to check your bills. I should have had a free month and an £8 monthly rolling discount so the overall deal matched Sky’s offer, but this didn’t get applied. I’ve raised a complaint four months running and it’s finally been corrected. Don’t phone them, you spend hours talking to people in different departments in different parts of the world. You have to email their complaints team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.