Cancelling Sky TV

Is it illegal to stream football into your home if Sky are not the actual broadcaster... i.e Bein Sports or any of the multiple other broadcasters/provider?

I mean, if its out there and can be seen through internet streams then how can you be breaking the law? All you're doing is accessing something that is readily broadcast and available... aren't you?
Try telling some of the fannies on here that.

Is it illegal to stream football into your home if Sky are not the actual broadcaster... i.e Bein Sports or any of the multiple other broadcasters/provider?

I mean, if its out there and can be seen through internet streams then how can you be breaking the law? All you're doing is accessing something that is readily broadcast and available... aren't you?
You’re breaking the law because you’re potentially watching a broadcast without permission. There is no loophole. If you just happen to see the match during normal browsing then you’re probably okay but if you’ve gone to the effort of searching out sources and exchanging money for it then you’re on trickier ground. Not likely that you’d get caught but there’s no getting away from the reality. As long as you know the risks however small.

Use a VPN and enjoy not lining spitty and ratboys pockets

I have a friend who is employed in the TV streaming industy in the US. I mentioned IPTV and firesticks. His analogy was that watching stuff from a "provider" was a bit like photocopying a page in a magazine.

My Sky is currently £89. Movies, Sports and the other channels. - No broadband.

Used to pay £55 but when my deal ended I’ve never called back and it’s been £89 for 6 months.

Do they still do these cheaper deals if you call as it looks like people are leaving now and they don’t reduce?

Used to pay £55 but when my deal ended I’ve never called back and it’s been £89 for 6 months.

Do they still do these cheaper deals if you call as it looks like people are leaving now and they don’t reduce?
Give them a ring nothing to lose.

I'm on Now tv, basically Sky but streamed, and pay £21 Sports, £3 movies, £3 entertainment, £6 boost for picture and multiple streams, so £33 all in. When the deals end I just cancel and wait for the next offer. If you're happy with sport being a minute or two behind, a lower picture quality (ie no 4k at all, no 1080p without boost) and no pause/rewind or recording facility (most things are on catch up anyway) then it's an option.

I cancelled mine last month, last few weeks leading up to the last day they were calling me trying to agree a new deal

I’ve got all the channels and multiroom and pay 62 a month for it. Last few years when it’s been up for renewal, I cancel it and they offer me the same deal. Last did it a couple of months ago.

If you want the best deal then go through with the cancellation and you’ll get an offer during the 4 week period before they fully shut it off, done that a couple of times too.

Disgusting prices. I can’t believe anyone still bothers paying the robbing twats these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.