Cannot Wait

must say i like the break, city are all consuming and the off season is a welcome break tbh from the stress of worrying about maintaining the high performance week in week out - particularly last year when the only time id thought we'd win the league was when we beat spurs - also just get to sit back and bask in the glory of being champions.
I agree but losing the cup final irks!

Fair enough, but sports science suggests otherwise.

The real comparison would be two identical building sites, where one work a 50 hour week and the other work a 40 hour one, not comparing it to footballers dealing with sleeping at random times, flying here, there and everywhere and sprinting, turning and spinning at 100% intensity for 180 mins a week. All whilst getting kicked lumps out of.

The 40 hour site might be better in the long run as the workers might be happier and more productive.
It’s the hod carriers that I feel sorry for …. Or in Spain and Old Trafford those poor donkeys

must say i like the break, city are all consuming and the off season is a welcome break tbh from the stress of worrying about maintaining the high performance week in week out - particularly last year when the only time id thought we'd win the league was when we beat spurs - also just get to sit back and bask in the glory of being champions.

I like it for… oh, about a week. Then the fuckers should be back in harness!

Seriously, the problem of burnout for Rodri must be very high indeed. I would particularly pick him out. He's not a player who goes hiding — or who can go hiding, given his crucial position and role — whether for his club side or his national side. And it's simply relentless.

I’ve actually really enjoyed the break from city so far. It’s nice to switch off and not constantly read all the shit about us. I’ll be buzzing come August

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.