Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Thought he was fucking great today, in all bar finishing.

Fought, harried, worked, tackled, ran, shot - brilliant. A typical Tevez performance, just lacking his usual goals.

Great stuff.

If fans can even complain about Tevez we must have come a long, long, long way. (although that doesn't mean they fucking should complain about Tevez - because it is frankly ridiculous to do so).

Damocles said:
Said it after his first few games. Said it loads of times since then.

Perhaps you have. I've missed those threads, unfortunately.

People think he's a 'head down' player, but I cannot agree with that as an excuse. We are a year under Mancini's stewardship and every other player had expanded their game play to meet this need to develop and understand team movement.

We are in a situation where teams know they can have a go at us, at some point, rather than be in awe or fear of us cos we score goals for fun.

I think that is an important factor.

Bigga said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Get off his back.

On another day he could have had five if he put his chances away...(which he usually does)

Anyone can miss a penalty.

You should READ rather than ASSUME.

I agree he is a selfish player (most times) my point was, if he had scored a hat trick today everyone would have been singing his praises.

His workrate as usual was phenomenal.

I think he will be off in Summer, but I hope not.

smokin.gif

Bigga said:
Damocles said:
Said it after his first few games. Said it loads of times since then.

People think he's a 'head down' player, but I cannot agree with that as an excuse. We are a year under Mancini's stewardship and every other player had expanded their game play to meet this need to develop and understand team movement.

We are in a situation where teams know they can have a go at us, at some point, rather than be in awe or fear of us cos we score goals for fun.

You missed the 60 page "Jury" thread?

I've said it constantly; he's a selfish player with a poor mental attitude.

timesprout said:
Bigga to be fair mate, look at the goal scoring records this season, how can you be 2 nd best striker in the country without fitting in ?

goalscorers.jpg

Today he could still be playing and not scored, it happens. Case of trying to hard

But these stats omit an important truth; rather than Tévez not have the same amount of goals, we SHOULD, by rights, have a player or two, on these charts as well, if he was less selfish.

Damocles said:
Bigga said:

You missed the 60 page "Jury" thread?

I've said it constantly; he's a selfish player with a poor mental attitude.

The thread you made after he had played about 2 games? :P

Good thread this.

Whilst I concede that his workrate is second to none there have been a few matches where you get the feeling it isn't going to happen for him, yet still it continues and it's all about "him." It's almost as if he is inhibiting us and our potential. This happens rarely but it still leaves us open to the potential undeserved dreaded equaliser as was seen today.

Weighing everything up though I'd much rather have him with us than against us, although I have always thought Silva to be much more the integral part of any finished City starting 11.

I believe he's crucial to the way we set-up. Our formation requires a 'false' number 9 and Carlos is argueably the best in the world in that specific role.
We need someone to drop deep and link with our midfield and there are plenty of strikers around who would do that. However, very few have his astonishing work-rate which means he often starts an attack around the centre-circle and then quickly is in position to get on the end of passes around the oppo pentalty area.

I fear that someone like Dzeko (who perhaps is a more 'traditional' centre-forward) might not link up play as well as Carlos which would mean Silva, Balo, Yaya, AJ etc would HAVE to support often and in numbers.
Which is fine. But will they do so every game?

Bigga said:
timesprout said:
Bigga to be fair mate, look at the goal scoring records this season, how can you be 2 nd best striker in the country without fitting in ?

goalscorers.jpg

Today he could still be playing and not scored, it happens. Case of trying to hard

But these stats omit an important truth; rather than Tévez not have the same amount of goals, we SHOULD, by rights, have a player or two, on these charts as well, if he was less selfish.

fair point mate, but now ya ya is playing a more offensive role, goals from midfield will come. Cant wait for him to go may of been a bit harsh, cant wait till the midfield catch up fair point also, lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.