Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

mackenzie said:
Bigga said:
Good point, Mancio. Work rate is fine to a degree, but it shouldn't mask the truth!!

And JM'sW, I like Balo, but I'm not that over the top about him. I do know, however, that he brings people into play a lot.

I'm not saying that Tévez doesn't, but Balotelli will work off rebounds if he has to. That's because he's not the focus of play but also plays like the 'false 9' that people say Tévez does.

You cannot deny that we're more expansive right through the team without him now, cos they all know their roles.

That changes when Tévez plays and it shouldn't be like that.

Don't always agree with you Bigga, but this time I think you are spot on.

This is not a pro or anti Tevez thread at all, it is about our team maximising itself to its full potential. This is not a one man team.

Highlighted for the unenviable truth.

Completely agree with the OP. He's so selfish on the ball it's unreal, but because he's Tevez he'll never get pulled up on it. It's been my opinion for a while now that any half decent striker could score the same amount of goals as Tevez with the amount of chances he gets in a game.

Very interesting thread and it's a point i have been thinking about since the game finished.

Missing chances is one thing and i certainly wont have a go at Carlos for that. His record is there for all to see and on another day he would have bagged a hat-trick. However, if you was to describe his play at time, greedy would be just about the perfect word to choose. His workrate is exemplary and his skill on the ball when running at defenders is also top notch but there is a time to do it and a time to look for the pass and keep the attacking play going and far too many times today, his play was greedy and it disrupted our attacking flow.

More importantly and as important as he is at this moment to us, im sure that Bobby also feels this way and that when we have a different type of forward in the squad and with Balo firing, Tevez will be allowed to move on with it very clear in Bobby's mind that it will be for the good of the team as a whole.

It seems crazy to be saying this but i think it will turn out that way.

Tevez, fantastic player. And you know what, I was infuriated with him today. I really was. The thing is though, now the red mist has gone, he does fluff chances by being greedy and shooting when he should pass. However, think about how many goals out of nothing that hunger and desire to purely score has gotten for us. Chelsea away last season springs to mind when he has just carried it forward and done the business all by himself

Tevez creates most the chances on his own enabling barry and dejong to stay back holding there positions.What he does is unbelievable no player on earth could do it.stop talking nonesense.he had off day!so did yaya kolarov boateng barry

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Tevez, fantastic player. And you know what, I was infuriated with him today. I really was. The thing is though, now the red mist has gone, he does fluff chances by being greedy and shooting when he should pass. However, think about how many goals out of nothing that hunger and desire to purely score has gotten for us. Chelsea away last season springs to mind when he has just carried it forward and done the business all by himself
Tbh I think he costs us more goals through his poor decision making/greediness, than he gets us through his workrate and endeavour. So that's a moot point for me.

Da_Blu_Moona said:

But he doesn't necessarily have to do it "all by himself." That's the point in a way.

nashark said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Can't agree with any of this.

What he gives to the team in terms of retaining possession, offering an outlet and winning possession back (and that is before you consider his on the ball work and goals) is worth 100 times any negatives in terms of sometimes being slightly selfish.

I think sometimes people don't appreciate what they have until they don't have it any more.

This.

The comment about him ruining the free-flowing team play is so untrue, I'm very reluctant to address it.

Just like Yaya Toure does, when Tevez runs with the ball directly at the defence, he opens up a world of options. I think it's bang on to criticise him when he picks one of the wrong options or decides to shoot, but to say he is the antithesis of our slick football is nonsense, especially when he is the vanguard of it.

This is strange really as I've said in the past, even when he was scoring at a rate quicker than 99% of world football, that he, as an individual player is limited. I argued that his lack of pace over a long distance as well as his lack of presence aerially would expose him in any other team in the world. But, as it stands, he is perfectly suited to the football we play here. Without him, I think we would create far less chances, and be a lot easier to break down. To get rid of Carlos would be an enormous loss for both him and us.

If you are pissed off about the transfer request, then fair enough, but to criticise him over what he brings to the team is just ludicrous.

What poppycock!!

How we play will only benefit a striker that

a) knows how to stay onside and

b) knows how to hold up and release players in better positions.

This is the beauty of how we play. Just because Tévez is the man that currently scores, doesn't mean that another player would not do the same and allow his colleagues to benefit.

I would argue that had we had Torres, we would be in a healthier scoring position. As it is, we allow Tévez to harry by himself, which is wrong, in my opinion, but that's his style. We rarely benefit from it, in truth, but it looks good for the 'work rate' hat!

The trouble with your conclusion of the comparison of Carlos and Yaya is that Yaya looks to pass at the end of those driving runs, if he has the chance as he knows that a goal is a goal for the team/ win.

Tévez sees the same opportunity as HIS goal chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.