Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

Utter nonsense

Considering that a player spends about 80 minutes of the game off the ball, on work-rate alone, it's strikingly clear that Tevez does not play for himself.

He had a bad game today but that's no excuse for such a poor opinion.

Lucky Toma said:
I believe he's crucial to the way we set-up. Our formation requires a 'false' number 9 and Carlos is argueably the best in the world in that specific role.
We need someone to drop deep and link with our midfield and there are plenty of strikers around who would do that. However, very few have his astonishing work-rate which means he often starts an attack around the centre-circle and then quickly is in position to get on the end of passes around the oppo pentalty area.

I fear that someone like Dzeko (who perhaps is a more 'traditional' centre-forward) might not link up play as well as Carlos which would mean Silva, Balo, Yaya, AJ etc would HAVE to support often and in numbers.
Which is fine. But will they do so every game?

Again, whilst your last point is valid, isn't it better to use those that support than not??

If you look at all the times we've had support, whilst it may not result a goal in terms of attack every time, the goals will come when the support is used more than not. Especially, as Macca says, if it ain't happening for you!!

I think what's irking me most is that we should have a goal difference that is up there at the top and not a reason why we may be 'pipped at the post'.

That is a very real fear of mine.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Becoming increasingly selfish and I'm even beginning to question his effort more frequently during large periods of games these days

Me too. There is no doubt in my mind that the passion and commitment tank is no longer full. He'll be gone in the summer and while he will remain professional I think we have probably seen the best of him. I look forward to having more alternatives up front.

Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

fully agree

this is what I'm saying since the game at Sunderland.

Tevez is weakness for this team.

I hope it goes away as early as January.

Bigga said:
I think what's irking me most is that we should have a goal difference that is up there at the top and not a reason why we may be 'pipped at the post'.

We have the 4th best goal difference in the league? And we're ten goals better off than the team with the fifth best goal difference?

And the best GD (United) is six better than ours - the six goals difference they beat Blackburn by when BFS rolled over for his mate.

We also have the second best defensive record in the league (16 against) with the best being 15 (Chelsea) - and we have played two games more, so they need a couple of clean sheets to keep us from being the best defensive side in the league.

We seem to be getting ahead of ourselves here. Seems like now if we don't hammer everyone people aren't happy?

We are progressing nicely, and surely outperforming everyone's expectations?

Is anyone familiar with not getting marked out of a game ?

Tevez is our best striker, thus crush him with your best defender.

How ? he drops deep , he goes wide, he plays up front......man mark that !!

Can't agree with any of this.

What he gives to the team in terms of retaining possession, offering an outlet and winning possession back (and that is before you consider his on the ball work and goals) is worth 100 times any negatives in terms of sometimes being slightly selfish.

I think sometimes people don't appreciate what they have until they don't have it any more.

it's funny how some of those criticising Carlos to the hilt are the ones who wank themselves silly over Balotelli who's just as bad if not worse on some of these issues.

Complete and utter hypocrites.

I think he had a bad day but I think after what happened it wasn't going to be totally plain sailing, maybe he felt pressure on him to deliver and tried to hard to make something up, I don't know, but we won so I'd much rather he got the goals he should have got today on wednesday.

I have such mixed emotiond about TEvez it untrue but trying to stay objective about it, i do in fact agree with your point about him stopping the flowing football we are trying to create.

I would rather keep him TBH but hopefully when we get Dzeko we wont be so reliant on him and will be able to put him on the bench when need be to keep our style of play varied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.