capital one owe us big time.

ccr said:
sunderland till i die said:
de niro said:
this tournament was running out of steam, us getting to the final will once again give it wide appeal. everyone will want to see Manchester city on the big stage.

bloody hell less than ten years ago you were a proper football club just like us and look at the attitude now

we'll enjoy the capital one cup final more than you lot, win, lose or draw

the capital one cup owes us nowt

this final means a lot more to us than you lot who will be in the bigger european competition anyway

never take anything for granted man city

the hard yards are still been done up here in sunderland
Bloody hell ,read one comment and we all have attitude. The club may be bigger but fans remain the same. Every year we go up to Wearside expecting to lose its our nature. One season we may not take it for granted and stuff you. How do you know it means more to you than it does to us ?

Well said Blue. I really fookin want this one!<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 pm --<br /><br />
i'm happy to support a little club

our little club has done quite well against your massive club lately

apart from in the asian cup final

still you've got the money and all the cockneys and hangers on that come with it

basically you'll have ten or so years of glory ahead of you similar to the twenty years that man utd had

doesn't seam quite right really though does it?

perhaps for the younger fan base but not your real lads from the 70's and 80's

Mate, the majority are old school Blues, so is De Niro, he's just windin you up. What's this cockney bollocks anyway. My Mackum mate sez you've got fans all over the show and apparently a supporters club in Manchester??!!

hallstreetblue said:
ccr said:
bloody hell less than ten years ago you were a proper football club just like us and look at the attitude now

we'll enjoy the capital one cup final more than you lot, win, lose or draw

the capital one cup owes us nowt

this final means a lot more to us than you lot who will be in the bigger european competition anyway

never take anything for granted man city

the hard yards are still been done up here in sunderland
Bloody hell ,read one comment and we all have attitude. The club may be bigger but fans remain the same. Every year we go up to Wearside expecting to lose its our nature. One season we may not take it for granted and stuff you. How do you know it means more to you than it does to us ?

Well said Blue. I really fookin want this one!

-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 pm --

i'm happy to support a little club

our little club has done quite well against your massive club lately

apart from in the asian cup final

still you've got the money and all the cockneys and hangers on that come with it

basically you'll have ten or so years of glory ahead of you similar to the twenty years that man utd had

doesn't seam quite right really though does it?

perhaps for the younger fan base but not your real lads from the 70's and 80's

Mate, the majority are old school Blues, so is De Niro, he's just windin you up. What's this cockney bollocks anyway. My Mackum mate sez you've got fans all over the show and apparently a supporters club in Manchester??!!

There was a recent survey done which demonstrated that City have the highest percentage of longest serving fans, compared to other clubs. i.e. LOYALTY!!
You were either Red or Blue, and family traditions and loyalties meant a great deal 30-40 years ago, you didn't get to choose ( mostly) you were born a blue, it might not have seemed important at the time, but seeing the big Satan on the other side of town get bigger and bigger, attracting more and more plastics from London and the south, for no other reason, other than being something "glorious " to latch onto, became anathema to many, especially me, I was never too bothered but my wife's family are mostly Reds from overseas, 10 years ago when we married, they used to ask me, why do you support City? Why don't you just support United? They just didn't understand.....! I had to explain WHY I support City...
When my son was born, they wanted to buy him a UTD kit.. I told them firmly, that if they buy any UTD related product, it would be burnt, and that he's a Blue I said, waving his City kit at them over Skype !!
Now the boot is on the other foot, they've all gone very quiet! But I try not to mention it, they've got enough to contemplate with Moyes, let alone last night!
I have hazy memories of the early 70's, so for me, it all seems very real right now! After that goal by Aguero, and that finish, I'm a happy man! And this season has been fantastic so far, the whole Holistic ethos, much maligned at the start, is a great example, from manager, to captain, to players, Pellegrini and Kompany, the polar opposite to Fergie and Keane

billfromthehill said:
de niro said:
this tournament was running out of steam, us getting to the final will once again give it wide appeal. everyone will want to see Manchester city on the big stage.
I doubt it why do you think so if you don't mind me asking ??

being serious I think has been on the wane for a while, the bigger clubs put most if not all of their second string out. no disrespect but if Bradford can reach the final and the likes of Birmingham can win it proves my point.
with us and to be fair had utd reached the final it would give it some creditability back. should they ever remove the Europa place from it then we'll see it go completely.

it will anyway for prem sides once the euro super league kicks in.

gmckennasell said:
the sheiks evil money machine versus sunderlands honest ten bob toilers , it will be similar to the wigan final , all neutrals backing sunderland ,but i think the result will be totally different this time , we now have a squad of players who want to play for the manager

which had us in a "transitional" period, I know clutching at some huge straws...

Was convinced we were going to lose to Stoke so treated it as just another game, bus up, couple cans on the bus, watch match, couple of cans on bus back, couple pints when home. Was convinced we would hammer Wigan so me and 8 others booked a travel lodge to treat it as a holiday, after Wigan outplayed us I ended up drinking 4 cans of Fosters that were in the hotel fridge and went to bed. Spend over £250 all in. So I'll treat this final as just another game.

Corky said:
I doubt they will be too pleased tonight.

Who'd have thunk it, Chelsea and MU both going out to Sunderland.
I haven't stepped back to think about that..Sunderland knocked out the rags and chelsea that is one hell of an achievement enough to give them the confidence they need to retain there place in the premier league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.