"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

I am not defending her just having a go at the gullible people who donated. Every charity I can think of is a money making exercise. Yes I know Dorothy works tirelessly to raise money for Venezuelan Yaks who are crippled with Arthritis but Save the Children, Oxfam and the rest are just a money making rip off.
Some bloke decides to walk round his back garden and this weird country make him a Sir and donate millions. Even when it comes out that the organisers are spending it, didn't he go to Barbados ? they still donate. Weird.

Charities also do a lot of good and help save lives all around the world - if it makes you feel better to brush them all off as a 'scam' because you're ignorant and tight then so be it.

Charities also do a lot of good and help save lives all around the world - if it makes you feel better to brush them all off as a 'scam' because you're ignorant and tight then so be it.
@BlueHammer85 has a point. Too many people in the big charities make humongous salaries and live the high life. Some Have been caught abusing locals and covering it up. I always give to small local charities and specific medical ones.
Having said that, my biggest donation last year was to the Ukraine umbrella charity organisation. Hope it was used properly.

@BlueHammer85 has a point. Too many people in the big charities make humongous salaries and live the high life. Some Have been caught abusing locals and covering it up. I always give to small local charities and specific medical ones.
Having said that, my biggest donation last year was to the Ukraine umbrella charity organisation. Hope it was used properly.

My bro works for Tearfund, they do amazing work and I've seen first hand how hard he's worked. would like to see someone tell him to his face that he works for scam company and it's just a money making exercise.

My bro works for Tearfund, they do amazing work and I've seen first hand how hard he's worked. would like to see someone tell him to his face that he works for scam company and it's just a money making exercise.
Centrepoint, yeah? Just the type I like. Smaller, local, specific.

You can type in many charities’ names and ‘scandal’ after it into Google and you’ll likely find some wrongdoings by them. Charities can be very dodgy rackets.

If you want to give to charity, do your research because there a a great many instances of the boardrooms just pocketing the money or workers abusing the trust of their donors or the people or animals they’re supposed to be looking after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not defending her just having a go at the gullible people who donated. Every charity I can think of is a money making exercise. Yes I know Dorothy works tirelessly to raise money for Venezuelan Yaks who are crippled with Arthritis but Save the Children, Oxfam and the rest are just a money making rip off.
Some bloke decides to walk round his back garden and this weird country make him a Sir and donate millions. Even when it comes out that the organisers are spending it, didn't he go to Barbados ? they still donate. Weird.

Is this all just because you feel guilty about pilfering cakes from the Children in Need bring and buy sale?

Naughty Tory Boy.

:)

If she didn’t fit the criterion of a business that was negatively impacted by Covid (admittedly a nebulous and pretty much legally unenforceable term) then she is, yes.
But you don't know if she was or was not so, you should also put in your post 'if however she was entitled to a covid loan she is not a parasite.'

It's just a typical newspaper article, like the Sun, it says nothing and everything. It infers she's a conned the Goverment without saying as much. The gullible public latch onto it and everyone thinks she's one down from Saddam Hussein.
Again I'm not defending her, I'm attacking the gullible who are easily led and are desperate to be liked.

You can type in many charities’ names and ‘scandal’ after it into Google and you’ll likely find some wrongdoings by them. Charities are very dodgy rackets a lot of the time.

If you want to give to charity, do your research because there a a great many instances of the boardrooms just pocketing the money or workers abusing the trust of their donors or the people or animals they’re supposed to be looking after.

Don't deny any of that, still not a reason to dismiss all charities and call people fools.

Any organisation will have its scandals in years gone by and rightfully deserved to be punished for doing so.

You can type in many charities’ names and ‘scandal’ after it into Google and you’ll likely find some wrongdoings by them. Charities are very dodgy rackets a lot of the time.

I went to see an old mate in Spain. He told me the story of the Brits that go over and open a dog, cat, donkey sanctuary. Within a few months they have a income that keeps them going nicely whilst they sit in the sun enjoying life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.