"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

:)

What do you imagine they're up to? I picked the Bridge House Trust because the background of why they have the money is interesting - they became a charity which gives out grants, because it's no longer the 15th Century and they don't need all that money to maintain the bridges. If Tower Bridge did collapse, then they'd have to replace it - so it's an example of a charity that has to keep huge reserves, but also one that has expanded it's remit to other good causes, rather than sitting on money that it doesn't need for it's original purpose.

The moral of the Captain Tom story, is not that charities can't be trusted, but that grifters will get caught out.

I am not having a go at you for picking that particular charity mate :)

A billion in assets and gave out 30 million last year in grants, a Marvel baddie runs the show is my bet ;-O

I am not having a go at you for picking that particular charity mate :)

A billion in assets and gave out 30 million last year in grants, a Marvel baddie runs the show is my bet ;-O
This kind of charity is a fund which uses surplus money for grants.

They're not trying to spend that money as fast as they can - they've been around for nearly 1000 years. The idea is to spend the surplus. It's just an example of why a charity could have a lot of assets.

Still, given it's age, and links to financiers and the City of London, then they're probably prime for some other quality illuminati/lizard people conspiracy theories.

This kind of charity is a fund which uses surplus money for grants.

They're not trying to spend that money as fast as they can - they've been around for nearly 1000 years. The idea is to spend the surplus. It's just an example of why a charity could have a lot of assets.

Still, given it's age, and links to financiers and the City of London, then they're probably prime for some other quality illuminati/lizard people conspiracy theories.
make-it-rain-businessman-7c8l3e8d9xu1qlqa.gif

Charity is one of the best grifts going.

If you look at how much some of the people running some of the larger ones take in wages and the actual percentages of money going to the people who need it, it's quite shocking in some cases.
I think an exception would be the Salvation Army.
They do an awful lot of good here with their rehab centers which are free for the participants.

I think an exception would be the Salvation Army.
They do an awful lot of good here with their rehab centers which are free for the participants.
Except...... I went to New York. In one of the poshest and richest areas I saw this beautiful building. Worth millions..... it was the Salvation Army HQ.

I, like you thought they were brilliant, now.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.