"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

Except...... I went to New York. In one of the poshest and richest areas I saw this beautiful building. Worth millions..... it was the Salvation Army HQ.

I, like you thought they were brilliant, now.......
There's a big difference in a lot of charities in the US - but so much in that country is fucked up moneywise.

Bear in mind that they're also a church first and charity second - their main mission is to evangelise about Christianity. A huge and expensive HQ would also seem to be an issue in a "what would Jesus do?" way as well.

*one caveat, is that a lot of charities are bequeathed properties in wills, often with covenants that say that can't be sold, rented etc. I know Cancer Research get a lot of bequests in wills (for obvious reasons), and in the past have had expensive properties that they would prefer to have had to keep, but it can be difficult to override such a covenant.

Very careful with what Charities I donate to nowadays. Started with reading about what Unicef were upto in Haiti and now believe a lot of them are at best scams and at worst downright fucking evil.

One that is not and is a superb Charity is MacMillan. Who I can't speak highly enough of. The nurses are angels no other word for them.

Very careful with what Charities I donate to nowadays. Started with reading about what Unicef were upto in Haiti and now believe a lot of them are at best scams and at worst downright fucking evil.

One that is not and is a superb Charity is MacMillan. Who I can't speak highly enough of. The nurses are angels no other word for them.
Macmillan nurses are fucking brill, special breed being able to look after dying people and not let it break you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.