Car driving standards

Every year we catch them parking on our land, an industrial unit on an industrial estate with huge metal gates....this morning a Freelander parked up, I thought it was a customer but he walked right past our open roller shutter doors and I had just been in for an hour and was locking up, so I did....only to discover his wife in the passenger seat.
Can you move it please love, I'm locking up...
My husband's got the keys
Well can you get him I'm locking now and it's urgent ( it wasn't but the look of fear on her face was a picture )
He's only gone to get a paper
Oh that's alright then, I'm still locking up.
He wont be long.

I shouted down the road to the guy that I was locking up and his wife's in the car

He soon shifted it.

The thing is, we have the summer season on us soon and the amount of tourists we snare is unbelievable. The couincil car park is 100yds aweay but they try it on. I usually wait an hour before I go back and open up, we only live 2 mins away but it's worth it, I'm a twat....

The only time I've not locked anyone in is if they've got a dog in the car but kids get the same treatment usually with a quiet.." your dads a prick "

Technically not however there is a certain driving ettiquette and a basic standard of common sense to factor in. You just dont do 45 in the middle lane for eg. even though legally you can.
I've just checked and the rac say you can undertake when there is an average speed limit in place and signs say 'stay in lane'
Good driving practice is to spot the lane-hogger well before you catch them up and move into the right side lane before getting up their arse.

No it isn't. How can they be in the 'wrong' lane?
OMG. The person couldn’t undertake you unless the lane he was using was clear could he? And if the lane he’s using to undertake you is clear it means you should be using it!!!! Fuck me. People like you who don’t understand how to drive are the ones fucking it up for the rest of us!

I love it when the impatient come up too close behind me. I slow down and watch the steam coming out of their ears. I go even slower if they start with the lights
Unbelievable . Just use the inside lane. Then you’re not getting in anyone’s way. What’s the issue with using the inside lane?? Bananas.

I've just checked and the rac say you can undertake when there is an average speed limit in place and signs say 'stay in lane'
Good driving practice is to spot the lane-hogger well before you catch them up and move into the right side lane before getting up their arse.
Good driving practice states the middle lane clown should be in the inside lane.

I've just came back from France. It was a dream to drive over there. Quiet roads and no knobs behind you constantly wanting to get past. Here it's chaos at the moment, can guarantee there's a crash every morning somewhere along the route to work.
I love driving in France. Get on one of their rural motorways and yer might spot a car 400yds in front of yer and nothing behind. Mind, Rouen can be a pain in the derrière, let alone Paris.

I try not to be critical of other road users simply because I don't class myself as anything other than a distinctly average driver but it does seem that there are far more selfish/aggressive drivers on the roads these days. Whatever enjoyment there used to be in driving has long since gone and I tend to avoid it whenever possible. Whenever I'm out walking the dog one thing that is particularly noticeable is the number of drivers looking downwards rather than at the road. If you need to use your phone whilst you're driving it's not difficult to get hands free these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.