Car Park Cam

I must be getting old and miserable because I clicked on it and after about 30 seconds turned it off bored. Fair enough for the young lads and lasses who want to know every minute detail of what players are wearing etc but I just don't see the point myself. I mean ffs the players walking from their cars to the reception, can't wait for the DVD extras where we get to see what man bag they're all carrying and what the contents are inside. I'm going for Lynx dry for Balotelli and Old Spice for David Platt.

I can understand people who think this is just the club making a pointless video about players walking across a car park, because at face value that's exactly what it is.

If though, you look past the face-value aspect of the video hopefully you might see what I see. I think Endemol is being very clever, they're using this kind of behind the scenes footage to try and create an aura of normality when it comes to footballers. How often do we complain these days that the footballers are too detached from the fan base? They live in their own bubble and therefore people find it hard to be empathetic with them. However, these videos have painted our players in a whole new light as just normal people, going to work, like normal people do. In a way the club is creating ties between the players and the fans by using things like this to create a bit of common empathy.

For a simple example, just look at Edin Dzeko. Footage like this has helped paint him as the nice, genuine guy that he is and because of that the fans are much more inclined to get behind him and support him whilst he's going through a rough patch. Everybody was delighted for him when he scored that goal against Blackburn. Why? Because the fans felt they knew him. They felt he deserved it because he's a nice guy.

It's 'fortress mentality 101'. If the fans truly want to feel in touch with the players they have to be there every step of the way, whether it's just a stroll across the training ground car park, or scoring the winning goal in a cup final. It's about the journey.

I think our OS is proving to be a valuable tool for our mentality. You might not agree but that's the way I see it.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I can understand people who think this is just the club making a pointless video about players walking across a car park, because at face value that's exactly what it is.

If though, you look past the face-value aspect of the video hopefully you might see what I see. I think Endemol is being very clever, they're using this kind of behind the scenes footage to try and create an aura of normality when it comes to footballers. How often do we complain these days that the footballers are too detached from the fan base? They live in their own bubble and therefore people find it hard to be empathetic with them. However, these videos have painted our players in a whole new light as just normal people, going to work, like normal people do. In a way the club is creating ties between the players and the fans by using things like this to create a bit of common empathy.

For a simple example, just look at Edin Dzeko. Footage like this has helped paint him as the nice, genuine guy that he is and because of that the fans are much more inclined to get behind him and support him whilst he's going through a rough patch. Everybody was delighted for him when he scored that goal against Blackburn. Why? Because the fans felt they knew him. They felt he deserved it because he's a nice guy.

It's 'fortress mentality 101'. If the fans truly want to feel in touch with the players they have to be there every step of the way, whether it's just a stroll across the training ground car park, or scoring the winning goal in a cup final. It's about the journey.

I think our OS is proving to be a valuable tool for our mentality. You might not agree but that's the way I see it.

Amen brother..

SkyBlueFlux said:
...whether it's just a stroll across the training ground car park, or ...

...or what's in their 'fridge!

Certain people need to feel as though the 'know' everything about the players - as it makes them feel all important and fuzzy inside. This is simply feeding that need. Well done the OS :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.