Car Park prices doubled everywhere!

The one thing that would get me to call it a day would not be a reversion to early sixties style football, Pep's departure, or abolishing the concession STs. It would be the travelling. There is no pleasant way to get to the Etihad. And I only come about a dozen miles. If I get to my seat less than an hour before kick off I think I'm late, but as I drove down Alan Turing Way yesterday and saw Blue Car Park rammed I thought, 'kinell, there's a hour to go and everyone's here! Thankfully I was in Green Car Park! But the travelling become a major ball ache whether it's train, tram, bus or car!
I walked from Picc station to the ground and every possible parking spot (free) half an hour walk away was taken by 1.30.

Guide Bridge to Ashburys on the train works well. 8-10 minutes on the train and a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

I walked from Picc station to the ground and every possible parking spot (free) half an hour walk away was taken by 1.30.
For the first time after I got off Green Car Park and got onto Bradford Road I noticed that every fuckin' lamp post had a sign saying 'Permit Holders, etc!

The one thing that would get me to call it a day would not be a reversion to early sixties style football, Pep's departure, or abolishing the concession STs. It would be the travelling. There is no pleasant way to get to the Etihad. And I only come about a dozen miles. If I get to my seat less than an hour before kick off I think I'm late, but as I drove down Alan Turing Way yesterday and saw Blue Car Park rammed I thought, 'kinell, there's a hour to go and everyone's here! Thankfully I was in Green Car Park! But the travelling become a major ball ache whether it's train, tram, bus or car!

We park on Nortons Tyres up towards Oldham Road. Gone up from £6 to a tenner. Set off from Littleborough at 1 yesterday as we needed to get something from the club shop before the game. Got to the car park about 1.40 and it was already nearly full, can't have been more than half a dozen spaces left. Looks like we'll be setting off that early every game now.

We park on Nortons Tyres up towards Oldham Road. Gone up from £6 to a tenner. Set off from Littleborough at 1 yesterday as we needed to get something from the club shop before the game. Got to the car park about 1.40 and it was already nearly full, can't have been more than half a dozen spaces left. Looks like we'll be setting off that early every game now.
I noticed yesterday that their car park looked full. I've parked there once for £6 when the Blue Car Park was a tenner but it's a bloody hike or route march up to Turnstile R!!

Travelling is the main reason I gave up my season card this year.

It was taking longer to get to and from a game on public transport in the GM region than it took to drive to the stops. Night games became a no-no - almost 2am when I got back home. It used to be about 12:15am at the latest. Road closures, diversions etc put an end to that.

I tried different park and ride options, Ashton West was great at first, then it became a chore. Altrincham just took too long to get back to. Train was no better an option due to KO times.

Parking prices just jumped for no reson other than profiteering in a short space of time. There again, over the last 5 years, most of the car parks near town disappered due to high rises being built.

One day, a solution will be found I guess.

The council are mainly to blame. They stopped street parking (even on non-residential roads) for a huge distance around the stadium and are incapable of arranging suitable public transport alternatives.
The car park owners know this and jacked up the prices accordingly. I'm told they further increase them for concerts.

I’m guessing as a result of the lack of parking, our taxi whizzed to the ground in record time yesterday.

Although we did have to get there a bit earlier than normal, so that would have been a factor to.

Ashton trains or trams ?
The trams back to ashton are seriously rammed, there is the park.and ride place next to the travelodge near the shelldon arms,always looked rammed too so get there early if you go there.

noticed over the last few years that more and more away fans have realised this,and are parking at ashton west i think the tram stop.is called,or, are going from there cos they are staying at the travelodege after the game
To the point of being dangerous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.