Car Park prices doubled everywhere!

To the point of being dangerous
We occasionally walk up to Central Park and get the tram back into Victoria to go up the Bury line to avoid the crushes in the city centre. It’s only about a 10 min walk further from where we sometimes park at Norton Tyres and judging by the fans arriving at Victoria on foot about the same journey time. If I was travelling in a distance I would definitely consider Hollinwood P+R just off the M60 and walk from CP. Just needs a shuttle bus running along Ten Acres Lane and Briscoe Lane, those electric things would work.

When (if?) Sandhills gets built, that will be my route I think.

We park on Nortons Tyres up towards Oldham Road. Gone up from £6 to a tenner. Set off from Littleborough at 1 yesterday as we needed to get something from the club shop before the game. Got to the car park about 1.40 and it was already nearly full, can't have been more than half a dozen spaces left. Looks like we'll be setting off that early every game now.
Parked on there for the first time in a couple if seasons as I managed to get free parking round the corner until now.Bloke who takes the money immediately started apologising before he told us the price. Decent fella,he told us the owner really wants to put it up to £15!!!!!

We occasionally walk up to Central Park and get the tram back into Victoria to go up the Bury line to avoid the crushes in the city centre. It’s only about a 10 min walk further from where we sometimes park at Norton Tyres and judging by the fans arriving at Victoria on foot about the same journey time. If I was travelling in a distance I would definitely consider Hollinwood P+R just off the M60 and walk from CP. Just needs a shuttle bus running along Ten Acres Lane and Briscoe Lane, those electric things would work.

When (if?) Sandhills gets built, that will be my route I think.
Would Sandhills be much nearer than walking all the way to Queens Road?
And the rags will have fixed their leaking roof before Sandhills opens at the current rate of progress.

Travelling is the main reason I gave up my season card this year.

It was taking longer to get to and from a game on public transport in the GM region than it took to drive to the stops. Night games became a no-no - almost 2am when I got back home. It used to be about 12:15am at the latest. Road closures, diversions etc put an end to that.

I tried different park and ride options, Ashton West was great at first, then it became a chore. Altrincham just took too long to get back to. Train was no better an option due to KO times.

Parking prices just jumped for no reson other than profiteering in a short space of time. There again, over the last 5 years, most of the car parks near town disappered due to high rises being built.

One day, a solution will be found I guess.
I hope I've still got my ST when 'Scottie can beam us up'! Only trouble with these new fangled ideas is that yer could arrive at The Swamp as soon as yer tap M-A-N into the console.

Following the doubling of the independent car parks from a fiver to a tenner in one fell swoop yesterday, I am looking at alternatives.
Is there anywhere on the Ashton tram line that I can drive to and park free , then jump on a tram straight to the Etihad and back ?
I assume Ashton trains are not quite as busy as the Mac ones ?????
Any ideas guys ?
Cheers.
I never bother getting the tram after the game at the ground. They are supposed to be putting on extra trams but at the final whistle on Saturday it came up on the scoreboard that the first tram to Ashton was TWENTY FIVE minutes, thanks Metrolink you useless turds

Life in a different City: A band of brothers who became men in Manchester

Park here mate, a quid a car, I'll take care of it

Would Sandhills be much nearer than walking all the way to Queens Road?
And the rags will have fixed their leaking roof before Sandhills opens at the current rate of progress.
It will be about 1.5 miles I reckon whereas QR is about 2 miles. For some reason that extra half mile feels a long way whenever we’ve walked the 2 miles to Shudehill/Victoria.

Parked on there for the first time in a couple if seasons as I managed to get free parking round the corner until now.Bloke who takes the money immediately started apologising before he told us the price. Decent fella,he told us the owner really wants to put it up to £15!!!!!
Bit like the price of a pint, as long as people keep paying it, the price will keep going up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.