Carabao Cup 4th Round Draw | Liverpool (H) | 8pm, Thurs 22nd December

just been through the liverpool squad; 7 players going of which only Van Dijk, Allison and Nunez are guaranteed starters

Konate I dont know if he is first choice for France (?)
Fabinho - Caseimero is preferred it looks like based on the recent matches
Trent & Henderson - likely on the bench throughout the tournament

Basically they could have a near full strength squad back training by 12th/13th December given the QFs are on the 10th and really I can only see the goalie and Konate being in the WC after that and even then Kelleher is the league cup goalie.

Perfect draw really especially given its at the Etihad.

Win and we are long odds on to win this trophy whilst if we lose (hope not to those vermin) we are fresher for a tough January period.

Be nice to win though just to increase the chances of the dippers drawing a blank this year.

I agree. It would be great to get to a final vs Man Utd. win and extend their barren spell of winning anything.

just been through the liverpool squad; 7 players going of which only Van Dijk, Allison and Nunez are guaranteed starters

Konate I dont know if he is first choice for France (?)
Fabinho - Caseimero is preferred it looks like based on the recent matches
Trent & Henderson - likely on the bench throughout the tournament

Basically they could have a near full strength squad back training by 12th/13th December given the QFs are on the 10th and really I can only see the goalie and Konate being in the WC after that and even then Kelleher is the league cup goalie.
Haaland! Haaland! Hahahahahaaland!!

If revived, your teacher may well advise the insertion of a co-ordinating conjuction i.e. "more 'and' better".
There's a small chance we're veering off topic here :-) but... adding the conjunction would imply two truths (more players + better players) whereas, the way I read it, the intention was one truth (more of our players are of a better standard).

I’m not sure about that. All depends. It’s not a great draw and I would have preferred an easier one.
I think we would have to play the dippers to win the trophy so better to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. If we lose then less fixtures which will allow us to concentrate on bigger prizes.

I think we would have to play the dippers to win the trophy so better to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. If we lose then less fixtures which will allow us to concentrate on bigger prizes.
Agreed. And if we take them out here, the fixtures ahead should be manageable (emphasis on should).

I really don't see how anyone can see this as a positive draw, only small positive is it's not away from home.
Worst Draw was: Liverpool Away > Liverpool Home > Newcastle Away > Brighton Away > United away

Manchester City (1 guaranteed first 11 player)

England: Walker, Stones, Phillips, Grealish, Foden. 5
Portugal:
Cancelo, Dias, Silva. 3
Spain:
Laporte, Rodri 2
Belgium:
De Bruyne 1
Germany:
Gundogan 1
Netherlands: Ake 1
Brazil: Ederson 1
Argentina: Alvarez 1
Switzerland: Akanji 1

---Mahrez--Haaland--Palmer
----XXXXX--XXXXX--XXXXX
Gomez--XXXX--XXXX Rico Lewis
--------------Ortega

Liverpool (7 guaranteed first 11 players)

England: Alexander-Arnold, Henderson
Brazil: Alisson, Fabinho
Netherlands: Van Dijk
Uruguay: Nunez

----------Diaz--Firminho--Salah
----------Elliot-- ----Carvalho
-----------------Thiago
Robertson
--Matip--Konate--Gomez
----------------Kelleher

The notion of Liverpool playing the kids is quite frankly a joke!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.