Carabao Cup 5th Round Draw

Think we need to talk to the last eight fans and suggest we boooooooooooooooo when they line up pre hand shake like we do for champs league to register our disgust at the way the "draw" was done.

Christ there's some whining going on. We are the best team in England, and whatever draw has come out we should go on and win this cup at a canter.

Home draws against lesser teams were an essential for any chance of cup progression in days gone by. Simply put, and just in case you have somehow missed the change, those requirements are no longer existential to Manchester City winning.

Nobody is suggesting fix based on who we drawn, the fix is being suggested becuase it blatantly looks like they've separated the 4 big teams in the hope of 2 big semi-final ties.

I personally think it's unlikely they did based on the amount of people they'd have to pay-off/keep quiet but then the whole pre-recorded video followed by the outcome does not look good on those running the competition.

Christ there's some whining going on. We are the best team in England, and whatever draw has come out we should go on and win this cup at a canter.

Home draws against lesser teams were an essential for any chance of cup progression in days gone by. Simply put, and just in case you have somehow missed the change, those requirements are no longer existential to Manchester City winning.
I couldn't care less about our draw if I'm honest, and I'm not bothered if we get through or not, but this farce should never have been allowed to continue by the EFL, and they should be utterly embarrassed by it.

If I supported Bristol City, West Ham, or Bournemouth, I'd be f**king fuming, no I actually am on their behalf, because they have basically been knocked out before a game is played, because the sponsors want the best clubs into the semi's, and the competition's sponsors, sponsor one of the clubs. If any of those three get drawn together, then any of them have a decent chance of a semi final, perhaps a final, the way this has been fixed they all have considerably less chance, a recorded draw, fuck off is that fair.

I couldn't care less about our draw if I'm honest, and I'm not bothered if we get through or not, but this farce should never have been allowed to continue by the EFL, and they should be utterly embarrassed by it.

If I supported Bristol City, West Ham, or Bournemouth, I'd be f**king fuming, no I actually am on their behalf, because they have basically been knocked out before a game is played, because the sponsors want the best clubs into the semi's, and the competition's sponsors, sponsor one of the clubs. If any of those three get drawn together, then any of them have a decent chance of a semi final, perhaps a final, the way this has been fixed they all have considerably less chance, a recorded draw, fuck off is that fair.

Agree completely and evidence yet again of the fix that cup competitions have become.

Could be interesting , will PEG manage the 1st football club to park the bus of a £400m squad at a ten bob Championship side , so he can win another "title" , at least Leicester away was a surprise , would have had us nailed on for the Goons or Chavs , stil; think Pep will still play the 'B' team at the Lineker's Crispmen , whilst Puel will probably see it as an opportunity for some early glory , Iheancho to grab the winner

Since the Bradford and Swansea final, we have had City and United kept apart in the semi's, City and Liverpool kept apart in the semi's, Chelsea and Spurs kept apart in the semi's and Liverpool and United kept apart in the semi's and now all four big teams kept apart in the quarters. Now that may well be coincidence but it is some coincidence!

I dont believe in conspiracies against us or we would have drawn Chelsea or Arsenal away but this competition is throwing up some odd draws of it's all down to chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.