Carabao Cup Final 2024 | Sun 25th February

I have no problems acknowledging that the scousers are a good side. I can’t say they fully deserved it yesterday given the sitters Chelsea missed in normal time but they weathered the storm and got it done

What I hate though is the narrative that surrounds them. Best win ever. Quad. Klopp. Best reserve goalie. Magical story of the subs etc etc. Only them and the rags get covered this way by the press. And it’s deliberate
Exactly, and it will continue on the Overlap (essentially aimed at rags and scousers) as Neville defends his "bottle job" comment, and it gets repeated ad nauseum

Meanwhile Peter Drury was merely repeating his over-the-top performance from 2-3 weeks ago when United's "rich academy heritage" was too much for West Ham

He even noted the Liverpool booing for Sterling yet was strangely quiet after they'd booed the National Anthem.

Ffs, they came on about 10 minutes of normal time remaining, don’t fall for the “klopps kids” narrative.

Not falling for anything I watched the game. Candlepool had many injury problems and also brought on young kids in normal time and to play extra time.

We take the piss out of other fans seeing what they want to see and being deluded.

It's fuck all to do with Klopp I purposely turned it off at the whistle because i wasn't interested in watching them or listening to him.

Posters going out of their way to play it down may as well be rags or dippers. Try rising above similar behaviour.

I have no problems acknowledging that the scousers are a good side. I can’t say they fully deserved it yesterday given the sitters Chelsea missed in normal time but they weathered the storm and got it done

What I hate though is the narrative that surrounds them. Best win ever. Quad. Klopp. Best reserve goalie. Magical story of the subs etc etc. Only them and the rags get covered this way by the press. And it’s deliberate
I don't think they are a good side. They are an effective side who can turn a game!

And as for the Quad? They bung up some fuckin' nonsense about IMAGINE BEING US, when all their time is spent WANTING TO BE US!

And when Klopp fucks off to Darmstadt, Ulm, Augsburg or some other German backwater, what will be his PL legacy? Well, I'll tell yer he won't fuckin' have one. How many teams will try to paper on to their club the Klopp blueprint - thump the ball hard and far for some sprinter to chase after? Only those who come to the Etihad with a ten man defence and hope they can outrun a defender and toe end it past the goalie with what turns out to be their only shot on goal.

How many PL teams now play out from the back? Once Stonesy was given a different role by Pep every fuckin' useless full back clad in scarlet was hailed as the new Beckenbauer!

Not falling for anything I watched the game. Candlepool had many injury problems and also brought on young kids in normal time and to play extra time.

We take the piss out of other fans seeing what they want to see and being deluded.

It's fuck all to do with Klopp I purposely turned it off at the whistle because i wasn't interested in watching them or listening to him.

Posters going out of their way to play it down may as well be rags or dippers. Try rising above similar behaviour.
This was 8 of the team that started, Clark came on at 72 minutes and the other 3 at 87 minutes, played against a shite Chav’s team whose Manager said they were playing for penalties.

Do you remember the Everton cup game where “Klopps kids” were lauded? The team included,, Williams, Larouci, Chirivella and Brewster, hardly household names are they?
1708940216585.png

"Nobody will ever forget this story," Jurgen Klopp apparently said.

I'm sorry... but I follow football and think I'm relatively updated on things regarding what's going on. But what exactly is this "story" he refers to? I not only already managed to forget it, I wasn't even aware of it.
A Carabao cup win is very easily forgotten , we do not even take the competition seriously when we get to the sem-finals , Pep still rests players because we have serious trophies to pursue.Champions of europe and England will never be forgotten.
In fact i would go as far as to say the Club World Cup is definitely more recognised world wide than a League Cup.
The Dippers legends in their own lunchtime , next.

Thats how football should be mate, there are way too many fanatics in football at the moment. I ain't a city fan but appreciate that Peps team is one of the best teams we've had in football ever! He's a great manager with a unique style and for a while we i.e Liverpool were his closest competitors although you guys were always favourites due to bigger squad depth and I'm my opinion a manager with more tactical style of play. We have lots of good talent coming through the ranks but with around 9 1st team players out it will be interesting to see how the season unfolds. Arsenal looking dangerous last few performances and City are City!! I think city will clinch the title but you never know.
Appreciate the reasonable comment, but I think you have mixed up bigger with smaller ;)

Liverpool have consistently had 4-5 more first team senior players since Pep cleared out the squad after his first season, and they've upped that depth considerably over the last couple of seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.