Carabao Cup Final 2024 | Sun 25th February

Bit of a scrappy and chaotic game so far. Chelsea started very poorly but grew into the game a bit. They just don't seem to have any discernible style of play. Too often they just hoof it forward to Jackson who is pretty poor. You'd think with the money they had spent, they'd have a bit more going for them.

Palmer flits in and out of games but he does have the the odd moment and if they do score, he's likely to have been involved. The central midfield 2 just aren't very good for the fees they paid. Maybe they are decent enough players but just don't seem to work well together. Their defence also looks like they'll conspire to create some chances for the dippers.

I hope Chelsea sneak it but just can't see it.

or Nike are behind in development of their own system, won't license the Adidas tech and the story that Prem clubs couldn't agree on it is a cover up.

I think the current system is working 100% and they could even flash the LED advertisement boards Red & Yellow as soon as the offside player touches it.

I agree but the one bit that complicates the decision-making is the whole active/inactive nonsense.

I've said before I think all it needs is to have the current semi-automated system beep in the linesman's ear to tell him which player is in an offside position, and then the linesman can flag as normal if he thinks that player is active. No delays or reviews needed, it looks to spectators just like the old way of calling offsides, it's just subtly technology assisted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.