Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Yep around Wembley from 12ish and Villa fans were getting on my nerves. Most of their songs were about City
we’d have been singing more and doing the same if it was Liverpool or United but we just don’t care about Villa. it’s not being snobby it’s just a fact that currently City fans don’t spend one second thinking about Villa, why would we
Since United Semi I think we must average more than one Wembley trip every season and mostly a successful trip
Atmospheres are created by passion and excitement and we don’t get to those kind of levels anymore in a league cup final against a relegation team when we are 99% certain of victory
If this game happens in 2010 we take over London for the weekend

the Villa fans I spoke to back at the hotel we’re decent people who couldn’t say enough how much they’d have loved it to be them who were taken over

Villa fans were so triggered while queuing for the train, which of course, meant this was too good an opportunity to pass on, for my part. Kept myself calm, didn’t shout, swear. Just congratulated them for saying more than two words and where they were when they were worse! Seemed to trigger them even more - job done

My ERO pointed out that Noel is now a 'corporate box' wallah, whilst LIam would probably stand on the terraces. How he wheedles his fuckin' way into the dressing room is just risible. And I decided he's persona non grata at Ewing Towers until he searches out the nine year old lad and provides him with the selfie. Mind, the lad has probably realised that Noel is just a crummy Burnage fellah from Hampstead.

You can see Noel, Mick Pickering, Scully and their families going mad on the front row of the City end when we go 1-0 up on the TV replays, actually. I've seen them all in corporate and I've seen them all in the normal seats. If I was as rich as Noel I'd be in corporate every week too, not least for the reason given above: he spent all game doing selfies.

Started off with vigour but that died a death when we scored and we didn’t get a sound out of them til they scored just before half time. The occasion was always gonna be bigger for them. We’re on a totally different level to them.

Agree completely, just not great if we don’t cherish each and every final no matter how often it happens

I'll always remember the abuse they gave Gareth Barry when he joined City (waving imaginary "loads o' money" gestures, plus booing) just cos he wanted a job with better prospects.
Especially after he turned down the dippers to stay with them for another season.Twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.