Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Miles better than us but the giddiness of being in a final probably helped that.
Started off with vigour but that died a death when we scored and we didn’t get a sound out of them til they scored just before half time. The occasion was always gonna be bigger for them. We’re on a totally different level to them.

Totally agree, I've not watched a replay so can't comment on commentators, but I know what I expect.

Oh and I was in level 5 on the side of the linesman and could see it wasn’t a corner for Rodri’s goal.
Villa started both halves making 4 fouls within 6 minutes and the ref waving away all of them as we kept possession some technical fouls that he should have gone back to and booked for intent, this led to on 60 minutes Villa having made 2 fouls and City 10, with Villa able to kick lumps out of us for the final 30 minutes, the Technical foul only gets used on us because of our single pivot, it makes it easy for a ref to spot, 8 man defenses such as utd and liverpool make just as many perhaps even more, but they never get booked as there is always some one else there, so yes we have been targeted with both the technical foul and the handball law

I think you’ve nailed the reason, but you can’t blame the refs for giving a yellow card when it’s obvious we are shutting down an attack. It’s the most plausible reason as to why we get as many cards despite our possessional dominance that I’ve seen.

why would a ref give a yellow card for a tactical foul when we still have 8 players to beat? Whereas if we make a mistake, there are 5 or less to beat.

Genuinley never felt worried yesterday except for set piece situations. Felt we totally controlled the game.

(And Stones’ Bambi impression.)

Not digging out Stones here as he was imperious towards the end, but he and Otamendi have one brain fart in them per 90 mins. That should be an Opta stat. It’s better than expected goals.

So pleased for my young son first final struggles badly with Autism so great for me to see As he was exiting he caught eye of the clubs seemingly no1 musical fan Noel Gallagher Now i know this guy does get plenty or requests perhaps annoyingly so, but to tell a nine year old who merely asked for a selfie TO FUCK OFF IS OUT OF ORDER OR He was rushing to get to Pep to show off hia arse kissing skills

Just to give the another side to this story, I was sat a couple of rows behind Noel for the game.

Your assumption about the requests is right. He was mithered pretty much the whole of the 2nd half by people coming down asking for photographs/autographs. some were even asking him when city were attacking, which you could see was pissing him off. Tbf he didn’t refuse a single request.

I waited until after the game and said Noel, can I have a photograph. he said yeah sure no probs. he was absolutely sound.

I had him in my sight line pretty much til he left and didn’t see/hear him tell anyone to fuck off and judging by how he was all game find that pretty surprising to be fair.

Oh and I was in level 5 on the side of the linesman and could see it wasn’t a corner for Rodri’s goal.

I think you’ve nailed the reason, but you can’t blame the refs for giving a yellow card when it’s obvious we are shutting down an attack. It’s the most plausible reason as to why we get as many cards despite our possessional dominance that I’ve seen.

why would a ref give a yellow card for a tactical foul when we still have 8 players to beat? Whereas if we make a mistake, there are 5 or less to beat.
More often than most it is 3, up until the 12th game of the season if you take that it is quite hard to foul whilst in possession so wile out of possession City made a foul every 3 and a half minutes and got a booking every 2 and a half fouls the highest in the league by a long long way, this year we are talking about the off side laws and the phrase being used ` off side by an armpit` guess who is campaigning for that?

We won't imho, but I do think Pep could make him a far better player, if he was willing to listen.
He's a good player and Pep could improve him further. But could he made him a top two player?
We have to accept that good and very good players are not what we need. We need great (and fucking fantastic) players as that's what we'll be losing when Silva, Dino and Sergio retire.

Funny lot the Villa fans, but always have been. Villa Park's jammed full when they're doing well but their "crowds" used to dip alarmingly when they weren't.
The record books show that just 14,215 hardly souls turned up to Villa Park on New Year's Day 1986 for a First Division game that City won 1-0. A winter's day admittedly but a public holiday all the same and in a city with a population roughly twice that of Manchester. We never went that low in the top flight! In the return game at Maine Road the crowd was almost 50% bigger, at 20,935 (note for younger readers: not many clubs got huge crowds in the troublesome 1980s).
Despite their staples such as "Where were you when you were shit?" and for all the jumping up and down they do about winning the European Cup (as impressive as that famous 1982 win was) there were plenty of times when they could barely fill HALF their ground in the same decade!
It got a bit testy last night at Wembley Stadium Station, with insults zinging from side to side in equal measure. Fair enough, but their beef seemed to run along now-familiar lines: plastic fans, no history, bought success etc. Even the Birmingham Mail is reporting that we had more fans at Wembley yesterday than they did, although a small amount of expensive Club Wembley tickets went unsold: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/carabao-cup-final-attendance-fans-17843062
I would never deny Aston Villa their history - it's as good as anyone else's and better than most. What football fan would? So why would they, of all people, seek to deny us ours?
* And have you ever noticed how few Brummies ever go out of Birmingham? You rarely come across them on holiday or anywhere else for that matter!

Great post Noel. I think it's also worth pointing out that Villa didn't receive any of the £125/£150 Level 2 Club Wembley tickets to sell at their end of the ground. Their most expensive tickets were £100. City sold out every price category of ticket that Villa had been allocated.

I actually don't mind Villa or Villa fans as much as some on here. Maybe I've been lucky down the years not to bump into too many of their knobhead element but it's one of the best away days in the league for me with rarely any trouble, and I've had some good discussions with their lot down the years and again on the tube back to Euston on Sunday. That said, they were pretty much unbearable on social media in the weeks leading up to this match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.