Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Newcastle (A)

Newcastle away is brutal. No rotation there.

Luckily a tough 3rd round isn't bad, we need an easier 4th and 5th round with it being around the club world cup.
They completely shit the bed against any top 6 team. We should win comfortably although there is some chance it could go to pens

When was the last time they actually beat us ? Probably once in last 10 meetings ?
I think it was 2019 when Sergio scored after 24 secs. The Match Day thread was special even by Bluemoon standards. 80% of the forum had handed the trophy to the Scousers. We then reeled off 14 wins on the trot and that was that. Dont think I have ever seen a team capable of doing that with >4 months of non-stop pressure and no margin for error. Still Pep's greatest achievement IMO, treble notwithstanding

They completely shit the bed against any top 6 team. We should win comfortably although there is some chance it could go to pens

We seem to always lose to Liverpool for some bastard reason whether it's at home or away. Other than that, it's a bit mixed as we drew with you at home and lost at your ground last season, beat Chelsea at home and drew away and beat Man U at home and drew away in the league while we lost at Wembley, we lost to Arsenal at home and drew away and we blew Spurs apart at home and won away.

We took 13 points from our games against the top 6 teams, the top 6 teams took 16 points from the games when we played each other.

The game should be a good game and it will be a sell out, I guess tickets will be arounf £20 at a guess. I can see us playing a fairly strong team as we'll be playing in the CL the midweeks before and after so playing stronger teams midweek and less strong at the weekends against Sheff U and Burnley will make sense.

Not the best draw........but on the brightside,its an opportunity to show off the incredible squad depth that we constantly get told we possess.

We seem to always lose to Liverpool for some bastard reason whether it's at home or away. Other than that, it's a bit mixed as we drew with you at home and lost at your ground last season, beat Chelsea at home and drew away and beat Man U at home and drew away in the league while we lost at Wembley, we lost to Arsenal at home and drew away and we blew Spurs apart at home and won away.

We took 13 points from our games against the top 6 teams, the top 6 teams took 16 points from the games when we played each other.

The game should be a good game and it will be a sell out, I guess tickets will be arounf £20 at a guess. I can see us playing a fairly strong team as we'll be playing in the CL the midweeks before and after so playing stronger teams midweek and less strong at the weekends against Sheff U and Burnley will make sense.
I was a bit harsh in my comment, but not too much. Chelsea were a lower half team last year and Spurs also a mess so not sure besting them was much of a yardstick. Looking against the top 4 teams, you were P9 W1 D3 L5. You will definitely want to be improving that.

I was a bit harsh in my comment, but not too much. Chelsea were a lower half team last year and Spurs also a mess so not sure besting them was much of a yardstick. Looking against the top 4 teams, you were P9 W1 D3 L5. You will definitely want to be improving that.
We never beat Spurs ( away )…… in fact we never even score there !!

Dont see the point in taking this seriously this year. Doesnt it clash with the club world cup? So even if we get through we’ll have a skeleton team for that round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.