Cardiff City (A) - FA Cup - Pre Match Thread

Cardiff City v Manchester City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, very strange way of thinking
@Thomas Hearns I suppose I just tend toward strategic thinking, for better or worse.

I’ll stand behind not wanting a replay. Then again, that is likely because I am not as interested in the FA Cup or the quadruple as others, which is just a difference in hopes/expectations. I respect those that want to go for it, of course, I just don’t think it is a manageable goal this season and want to be smart with how we handle things.

Last edited:
@Thomas Hearns I suppose I just tend toward strategic thinking, for better or worse.

I’ll stand behind not wanting a replay. Then again, that is likely because I am not as interested in the FA Cup or the quadruple as others, which is just a difference in hopes/expectations. I respect those that want to go for it, of course, I just don’t think it is a manageable goal this season and want to be smart with how we handle things.

Totally understand your logic. We're 5 games away from winning the fa cup, 6 if we need a replay and realistically at some point the boys are going to get fatigued.

I'd get just as much pleasure from us winning the FA Cup as the CL so i'm not prioritizing one over the other on my wishlist. As long as we win the league it's been a great season no matter what the cups bring.

Hope Etheridge plays. It would be amazing to see our country's #1 play against the world's best.

Totally understand your logic. We're 5 games away from winning the fa cup, 6 if we need a replay and realistically at some point the boys are going to get fatigued.

I'd get just as much pleasure from us winning the FA Cup as the CL so i'm not prioritizing one over the other on my wishlist. As long as we win the league it's been a great season no matter what the cups bring.
Makes sense and I completely agree about the league.

I’m just one of those hopeless romantics that want us to also win the CL to show the world (and especially the Rags) that we are the best. And, even for a short time, force the media to give some respect to Pep and the club.

I do think we are actually going to win by a decent margin on Sunday, though. I just have a good feeling about the match (which is rather dangerous, I know).

Last time i can remember thinking i wanted us to lose was when we played leeds in the 90s when they were fighting with the rags for the title. As soon as the game started though i realized i was kidding myself. think we beat em 4-0 as it happened and i was happy as larry
He keeps getting mention but who exactly is Larry oh & btw where is Old Zealand ?

You can see how much it means to the players when we progress. I don’t suppose any of them want to be ‘rested’. They’re the team that I never thought I would ever see at City.
Take the game to Cardiff and make them chase the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.