Cardiff City (A) - FA Cup - Pre Match Thread

Cardiff City v Manchester City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate to get Ederson back in goal for this one. Bravo has done ok in the league cup and will have to play in the final now, but Ederson is clearly the superior player and I'd be so much happier going through this competition knowing that we're going to give ourselves the best chance we have of winning it.

Maybe I am wrong, but I if there is a man having some strict principles, it's Pep, no?
Bravo has played every single domestic cup match this season and I think
we can take it for granted that principle will stay including the final(s) at Wembley.

That's the way it is.

Let's face it Bravo deserves to be the domestic cup keeper. He kept us in the Wolves game and saved the penalties against Leicester. He looks a lot more confident in both saving and distribution this season.

Maybe I am wrong, but I if there is a man having some strict principles, it's Pep, no?
Bravo has played every single domestic cup match this season and I think
we can take it for granted that principle will stay including the final(s) at Wembley.

That's the way it is.

Think he switched Caballero and Bravo around between the FA cup and league last season, starting with Willy in the cup and shifting to Bravo by the time the semi came around as the premier league had slipped away by that point. Doubly unfair/frustrating for Caballero as he was the keeper in form at that point too.

Think he switched Caballero and Bravo around between the FA cup and league last season, starting with Willy in the cup and shifting to Bravo by the time the semi came around as the premier league had slipped away by that point. Doubly unfair/frustrating for Caballero as he was the keeper in form at that point too.
The cup keeper in every cup game last season was the keeper seen to be second choice for league games, perfectly fair. Caballero got to play in a lot more games than he'd probably expected to.

The cup keeper in every cup game last season was the keeper seen to be second choice for league games, perfectly fair. Caballero got to play in a lot more games than he'd probably expected to.

And that showed the policy up to be a total nonsense, because having earned his place as the first choice keeper he then found himself in the position of playing in meaningless games rather than in the one competition he'd helped guide us through and where still had any chance of winning anything. Bravo, through his inferior performances was "demoted" but found himself playing the games that mattered more. The stringent first choice in league, second choice in domestic cups idea is totally flawed in my opinion. I understand the need to give the second choice keeper games but i'd prefer a more flexible system where we see the second choice keeper getting the odd league game instead and retaining the option of playing your strongest keeper in a big cup game. The best keeper should be playing the biggest games on merit.

And that showed the policy up to be a total nonsense, because having earned his place as the first choice keeper he then found himself in the position of playing in meaningless games rather than in the one competition he'd helped guide us through and where still had any chance of winning anything. Bravo, through his inferior performances was "demoted" but found himself playing the games that mattered more. The stringent first choice in league, second choice in domestic cups idea is totally flawed in my opinion. I understand the need to give the second choice keeper games but i'd prefer a more flexible system where we see the second choice keeper getting the odd league game instead and retaining the option of playing your strongest keeper in a big cup game. The best keeper should be playing the biggest games on merit.
If we went with your idea then we would find it very difficult to retain a decent back up keeper. I'd rather use our system and be able to have the level of Bravo/Gunn as backup than have someone shit. I'm sure Caballero was more than happy with the league games.

If we went with your idea then we would find it very difficult to retain a decent back up keeper. I'd rather use our system and be able to have the level of Bravo/Gunn as backup than have someone shit. I'm sure Caballero was more than happy with the league games.

Guess only Caballero can answer that question as I definitely wouldn't have been happy with a system that essentially demoted me for being the better keeper. Other clubs seem to manage to play their strongest team in cup finals and retain a back up of a reasonable standard so i'm sure we could find a system that works. Like I say, I think it's too late to play Ederson in the league cup final, and i think Bravo has earned his spot in that team, but i'd rather have Ederson in the FA cup. Ederson affects how the entire team plays out and we're more likely to win it with him in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.