Cardiff City (A) - FA Cup - Pre Match Thread

Cardiff City v Manchester City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess only Caballero can answer that question as I definitely wouldn't have been happy with a system that essentially demoted me for being the better keeper. Other clubs seem to manage to play their strongest team in cup finals and retain a back up of a reasonable standard so i'm sure we could find a system that works. Like I say, I think it's too late to play Ederson in the league cup final, and i think Bravo has earned his spot in that team, but i'd rather have Ederson in the FA cup. Ederson affects how the entire team plays out and we're more likely to win it with him in goal.
Me too. They get fantastically paid for being a no 2. Not interested in Sentiment. Play strongest team and try and win everything. When they are winning, confidence builds for the next game. We will never have a chance like this to win a domestic treble so go for it.

Desperate to get Ederson back in goal for this one. Bravo has done ok in the league cup and will have to play in the final now, but Ederson is clearly the superior player and I'd be so much happier going through this competition knowing that we're going to give ourselves the best chance we have of winning it.
Think you will be disappointed. Bravo is playing well and I think he will have the domestic cups.

Think you will be disappointed. Bravo is playing well and I think he will have the domestic cups.

I think we'll see him in for the FA cup too, but i don't agree with the decision. I'm not one of those people that bashes Bravo and I've defended him on plenty of occasions but I also think it's an overstatement to say he's playing well. He hasn't made as many howlers as he did last season (probably down to playing less). He did well in a penalty shootout and he sent a good pass to KDB in the first leg against Bristol but the difference between how we play with Ederson in goal and Bravo in goal is still pretty significant for me. It isn't a case of comparing shot stopping abilities or anything like that, I just think we're slowed down with Bravo in goal and that's quite a big deal.

I would imagine Kompany, Danilo, Toure, Mangala, Gundogan and Sterling will all be in for this. Possibly Diaz too.

Cardiff looked poor to me when I last watched them although to be 3rd they must be reasonable. They May rest players too. A lot of championship sides going for promotion do.
Saw Cardiff recently - on the box - versus Sunderland. They were not in"great shakes" and IIRC Sunderland got a red card and after Cardiff won 3-0.
What struck me - with a smile -There 'new' stand had all red seats - put in by the owner from Singapore (I think) -
now they have reverted back to Blue shirts. - bet they can't afford to change the seats to Blue.

I think we'll see him in for the FA cup too, but i don't agree with the decision. I'm not one of those people that bashes Bravo and I've defended him on plenty of occasions but I also think it's an overstatement to say he's playing well. He hasn't made as many howlers as he did last season (probably down to playing less). He did well in a penalty shootout and he sent a good pass to KDB in the first leg against Bristol but the difference between how we play with Ederson in goal and Bravo in goal is still pretty significant for me. It isn't a case of comparing shot stopping abilities or anything like that, I just think we're slowed down with Bravo in goal and that's quite a big deal.
I respect your opinion

Saw Cardiff recently - on the box - versus Sunderland. They were not in"great shakes" and IIRC Sunderland got a red card and after Cardiff won 3-0.
What struck me - with a smile -There 'new' stand had all red seats - put in by the owner from Singapore (I think) -
now they have reverted back to Blue shirts. - bet they can't afford to change the seats to Blue.

I watched them get beat 1-0 at home to Preston and they were dreadful

I'd like to see a strong line up again, and Ederson back in goal, though I suspect we'll go with Bravo.

I definitely think we should play Ederson in the League Cup Final too, we need a first trophy under Pep.

I think this will be another frustrating game; noisy crowd, opposition up for it and raising their game, probably a team full of giant hoofers too, so our defence will be under pressure especially at set pieces. They're bound to score at least one. I think we'll get away with a draw after one of our big guns digs us out of the shit again (Kun, Kev or Raheem) and we end up with more fixture congestion but still in the cup.

Hopefully I'm talking shit and in reality we batter these by 3 or 4 while still resting a few regulars! Somehow we never seem to get that lucky these days though, like getting Yeovil for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.