Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
It's an away game, so it'll be interestign to see what differences there are to Pellegrini's tactics for this one when compared to the home battering of Newcastle. They say there are no easy games in the Premier League, and to a degree they are correct, however this really is a game that any side with title aspirations needs to be winning, and winning comfortably. I think we'll win this one, 2-0.

I'm in the 'let Cardiff worry about us' camp. Talk of dropping Aguero and Navas leaves me shaking my head. We need to impose our game on them and see if they can cope with Silva, Dzeko, Aguero and Navas. My guess is that they can't.

welsh_andy said:
804775_Manchester_City.jpg

Subs: Pantillimon, Nastasic, Rodwell, Navas, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Bring Navas, Jovetic and Nastasic on off the bench :)

YES!!!

Let's exclude Monday's MOTM in an away fixture just so we can try out Negredo....

Thank God I dont think Pelle has such brilliant ideas.

Dzeko and Aguero will be up front again. If it aint broke dont fix it.

hgblue said:
Matty said:
It's an away game, so it'll be interestign to see what differences there are to Pellegrini's tactics for this one when compared to the home battering of Newcastle. They say there are no easy games in the Premier League, and to a degree they are correct, however this really is a game that any side with title aspirations needs to be winning, and winning comfortably. I think we'll win this one, 2-0.

I'm in the 'let Cardiff worry about us' camp. Talk of dropping Aguero and Navas leaves me shaking my head. We need to impose our game on them and see if they can cope with Silva, Dzeko, Aguero and Navas. My guess is that they can't.

Personally I'm only dropping Dzeko and Navas in my line -up because I think utilising the entire squad is vital. If Navas gets injured and Milner hasn't played a game for 4 weeks he may be rusty. I think an away game against newly promoted opposition is a good chance to give Milner a game and give Negredo his first start. Navas can come on if we're struggling in that area. I'd like to see Jovetic early on too. Sticking to the same XI for a month just because we don't have any midweek games will cause a bit of unrest imo.

EaglesFan said:
welsh_andy said:

YES!!!

Let's exclude Monday's MOTM in an away fixture just so we can try out Negredo....

It's a squad game. I'm going under the guise of - Dzeko's shown what he can do, now give Negredo a chance from the start. If it was a mid table or top team we were playing against I'd be inclined to start Edin but it's not, if he's needed bring him on.

We shouldn't need squad rotation after 1 bloody game. Dzeko has to be given 4 or 5 matches
to see if he can get scoring again because he still played well against Newcastle. I'd definitely
play the same side but replace Vinny with Nastasic who I feel will be passed fit. I find it
difficult to see where Jovetic and Negredo are going to get game time at present, and the
same goes for Milner. What a squad we've assembled.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm --<br /><br />On a side note, I've taken Negredo out of my fantasy team and replaced him with
Benteke. Not that he's a poor player, but the fact that I don't think he'll be starting
matches anytime soon.

blinkblue said:
hgblue said:
Matty said:

Personally I'm only dropping Dzeko and Navas in my line -up because I think utilising the entire squad is vital. If Navas gets injured and Milner hasn't played a game for 4 weeks he may be rusty. I think an away game against newly promoted opposition is a good chance to give Milner a game and give Negredo his first start. Navas can come on if we're struggling in that area. I'd like to see Jovetic early on too. Sticking to the same XI for a month just because we don't have any midweek games will cause a bit of unrest imo.

EaglesFan said:
welsh_andy said:

YES!!!

It's a squad game. I'm going under the guise of - Dzeko's shown what he can do, now give Negredo a chance from the start. If it was a mid table or top team we were playing against I'd be inclined to start Edin but it's not, if he's needed bring him on.

surely you dont change a winning format imo. if it doesnt work at cardiff, then yes changes, but dont see the sense in changing for sake of it tbh

Should be a win, but you never know, we have the best squad in the league, if we perform at our best we will win any game, the trouble is, is the city from monday going to turn up or the mancini city? I have a good feeling though, 3-0/ 3-1 i say.

welsh_andy said:
blinkblue said:
hgblue said:

EaglesFan said:
YES!!!

surely you dont change a winning format imo. if it doesnt work at cardiff, then yes changes, but dont see the sense in changing for sake of it tbh
Equally though, no two games/opposition are the same. So the best team at home v Newcastle may not be the best team away to Cardiff. I would hope that the manager and his technical staff will have identified the strengths and weaknesses of Cardiff, formulated a plan, and will then pick the best 11 players available to execute that plan. Those 11 players may or may not be the same 11 that beat Newcastle. It's not "changing for the sake of it", it's tactics - one would hope. The "if it aint broke, don't fix it" school of thought is very naive and simplistic in my opinion. Hence why we are fans, not football managers. I am certainly not averse to us making unforced changes to a team that won 4-0 at home. It depends how Pellegrini wants to tweak our tactics.

NanaToure42 said:
Some of you need to get your heads and eyes checked. We should easily walk away with 3 points.

I bet you're one of the ones who said a similar thing to that before we turned up at Sunderland an' Southampton last season!

Tricky_Trev said:
welsh_andy said:
blinkblue said:

Equally though, no two games/opposition are the same. So the best team at home v Newcastle may not be the best team away to Cardiff. I would hope that the manager and his technical staff will have identified the strengths and weaknesses of Cardiff, formulated a plan, and will then pick the best 11 players available to execute that plan. Those 11 players may or may not be the same 11 that beat Newcastle. It's not "changing for the sake of it", it's tactics - one would hope. The "if it aint broke, don't fix it" school of thought is very naive and simplistic in my opinion. Hence why we are fans, not football managers. I am certainly not averse to us making unforced changes to a team that won 4-0 at home. It depends how Pellegrini wants to tweak our tactics.

i no manager for sure, but i dont see cardiff as a threat tbh, they dont create many chances, their defence isnt anything special, west ham had a lorry full of chances against them. its a 3 pointer all day long imo.
but tbh i dont care who MP picks as long as we come away with 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.