Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will be a game with plenty of goals. Always had a soft spot for Cardiff, and glad they finally made it after a few years of playoffs etc. remember watching their playoff in Tenerife with some Cardiff fans and an old player Leighton James a nicer guy you could not wish to meet. They lost to Reading. Also when I was a lad many years ago 1965 I think we met them in the cup we were in division 2 then and Joe Mercer was manager, it went to replays and I went down to Ninian park. Good fans and I wish them well after today. Nice post bluebird by the way.

bluebirdjones said:
Cardiff's problem is that we WONT be up for it enough if he starts Peter Whittingham. You need a leader
in midfield who will fire up the lads. Hes too quiet. If we do start with Campbell and Cornelius up top then
I can see us causing you a few problems. But if Malky is too cautious and just plays one up there with a
''come and break us down'' attitude - you will come, and you will break us down. Id drop Whittingham for
Jordon Mutch, him and Kim were sensational tail end of last season, then with the Pitbull marshalling the
hole behind them I think we could give you a game. But I suspect a cautious approach from Malky which
will play into your hands. Loved reading your posts on here. You have got a £150m team but STILL think
your always going to fuck up. That comes from having followed a side who won nothing for donkeys years.
It leaves a scar. But like our lot, yours were there through thick and thin. Cant fault you.
As for trouble? Well its all but gone away now thank God. The pubs in and around Canton is where all the banned
and ex-banned lunatics drink and they would only raise their heads from their pints if a similar minded group of Man City
fans were to wander past. Many have radius bans that force them to drink right out on City Road which is a nowhere
near where any Man City fans will go for a pint, so many just dont bother leaving their houses thank fuck
But i still walk past certain pubs and think they are all liable to steam out any minute and kick off
with a litter bin or anything to satisfy their cocaine fualled urges. Cardiff City Centre is safe as houses for everyone.
Only a suicide bomber would be daft enough to want to ''perform'' in town. Even the Valley Commandos who will
be drinking it town will only just manage to rustle up a raised eyebrow if they see law abiding Man City fans. The
whole atmosphere in Cardiff has changed beyond recognition from the brooding, surly, aggressive "protect our
town at all costs'' attitudes of a few years ago. Have a great time in my amazing City!!! I'll settle for a point...Please

that be a gd post, i used to know the cardiff fans of old, i used to have a job of mini bus driver, and one of those was taking the lads to ninian park,over the yrs they changed from coke heads raring for a good bout of fisty cuffs, i think with age they mellowed with the last few yrs of ninian park. will be my first experience of new stadium, i still know some of the lads that go to the games, and they have indeed changed, they say, its more of a family arena now, although i still remember 94, ouch

bluebirdjones said:
Cardiff's problem is that we WONT be up for it enough if he starts Peter Whittingham. You need a leader
in midfield who will fire up the lads. Hes too quiet. If we do start with Campbell and Cornelius up top then
I can see us causing you a few problems. But if Malky is too cautious and just plays one up there with a
''come and break us down'' attitude - you will come, and you will break us down. Id drop Whittingham for
Jordon Mutch, him and Kim were sensational tail end of last season, then with the Pitbull marshalling the
hole behind them I think we could give you a game. But I suspect a cautious approach from Malky which
will play into your hands. Loved reading your posts on here. You have got a £150m team but STILL think
your always going to fuck up. That comes from having followed a side who won nothing for donkeys years.
It leaves a scar. But like our lot, yours were there through thick and thin. Cant fault you.
As for trouble? Well its all but gone away now thank God. The pubs in and around Canton is where all the banned
and ex-banned lunatics drink and they would only raise their heads from their pints if a similar minded group of Man City
fans were to wander past. Many have radius bans that force them to drink right out on City Road which is a nowhere
near where any Man City fans will go for a pint, so many just dont bother leaving their houses thank fuck
But i still walk past certain pubs and think they are all liable to steam out any minute and kick off
with a litter bin or anything to satisfy their cocaine fualled urges. Cardiff City Centre is safe as houses for everyone.
Only a suicide bomber would be daft enough to want to ''perform'' in town. Even the Valley Commandos who will
be drinking it town will only just manage to rustle up a raised eyebrow if they see law abiding Man City fans. The
whole atmosphere in Cardiff has changed beyond recognition from the brooding, surly, aggressive "protect our
town at all costs'' attitudes of a few years ago. Have a great time in my amazing City!!! I'll settle for a point...Please

Nice post fella

Spending two nights here and enjoyed last night.....,lets hope today is as good. I can't see anything other than a win for us

So What's the defensive situation ? Lescott and who ? Please say Richards is fit

I am currently working in Wales and am a season ticket holder at City. Manchester that is, Personally I hope we thump them today otherwise they will be unbearable. The Welsh fans are amongst the most bias and nastiest in the football league. The reason being is that they hate the English with a passion. That is the simple truth of the matter.

karen7 said:
bobmcfc said:
So What's the defensive situation ? Lescott and who ? Please say Richards is fit

richards not fit but nasty should be

Really ? God I thought he was out for another couple of weeks. Will be very very happy if he plays today

kevinmcfc said:
I am currently working in Wales and am a season ticket holder at City. Manchester that is, Personally I hope we thump them today otherwise they will be unbearable. The Welsh fans are amongst the most bias and nastiest in the football league. The reason being is that they hate the English with a passion. That is the simple truth of the matter.

well if they hate the English and they hate Swansea thats a lot of hate. :)

bluebirdjones said:

Great pot bbj.
I must confess to knowing next to nowt about your team but it's always good to see a 'new' team in the top division. I hope you make a game of it today but you're up against what's been looking like a very strong City side. Today should test our 'spirit' as i expect a bit of a battle on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.