Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked up, and you're right. Could've sworn that Fernandinho was, at least, as tall as Garcia.

Lets hope Nastasic is fit then, 'cos I'm really nervous at the prospect of Garcia (or Boyata) competing against Helguson

the talisman said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Tbilisi said:
Neither,like Kolo, are good enough.

Has anyone seen Rodwell at C Half? Cup Final marking apart.

Still say that Fernandinho would do a more than adequate job, back there, than either Boyata or Garcia, in Komp's absence.

Looked a real class act against Newcastle

A class player, yes, but playing him at centre half (he's 5'9) is a bit much.
Fabio Cannavaro, Carles Puyol and Franco Baresi are all around that height, just saying.

Hopefully City can get a goal within the first 15 mins. to kill the crowd energy, and then a second goal before half to put it to bed.

can't see us scoring any fewer than 4 goals. we legitimately should have bagged 8+ against newcastle. (4 goals, 1 clearly onside goal not given, at least one penalty, and a billion other good chances).

i don't think we realize how good we are quite yet.

Same team for me, Garcia for Kompany. Nastasic on the bench, no need to risk him here, and always helps to have Lescott get some game time and be content.

If they play behind the ball Garcia will be fine. I thought he looked quite competent when he came on.

andrewmswift said:
can't see us scoring any fewer than 4 goals. we legitimately should have bagged 8+ against newcastle. (4 goals, 1 clearly onside goal not given, at least one penalty, and a billion other good chances).

Same team for me, Garcia for Kompany. Nastasic on the bench, no need to risk him here, and always helps to have Lescott get some game time and be content.

If they play behind the ball Garcia will be fine. I thought he looked quite competent when he came on.

I hope your spot on andrewmswift.

One thing I do know is it would be hard for any mooner to not support your prediction.

the talisman said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Tbilisi said:
Neither,like Kolo, are good enough.

Has anyone seen Rodwell at C Half? Cup Final marking apart.

Still say that Fernandinho would do a more than adequate job, back there, than either Boyata or Garcia, in Komp's absence.

Looked a real class act against Newcastle

A class player, yes, but playing him at centre half (he's 5'9) is a bit much.
And splitting up the best midfield in the Premiership... a big no-no.

Cardiff will be well up for it today. Their first home game back in the big time and it's live on the telly. Couple those factors with their desire to give one of the big boys a bloody nose and it is a potential banana skin. Give me a fairly comfortable 2-0 win and I'll be as happy as a very happy thing.

andrewmswift said:

At that point in the game I think I could've replaced Kompany myself, and I'm 53.

But I think Javi Garcia will be OK against Cardiff. It's when you get the likes of Scum, Arsenal and Chelsea we'd be in trouble.

Cardiff's problem is that we WONT be up for it enough if he starts Peter Whittingham. You need a leader
in midfield who will fire up the lads. Hes too quiet. If we do start with Campbell and Cornelius up top then
I can see us causing you a few problems. But if Malky is too cautious and just plays one up there with a
''come and break us down'' attitude - you will come, and you will break us down. Id drop Whittingham for
Jordon Mutch, him and Kim were sensational tail end of last season, then with the Pitbull marshalling the
hole behind them I think we could give you a game. But I suspect a cautious approach from Malky which
will play into your hands. Loved reading your posts on here. You have got a £150m team but STILL think
your always going to fuck up. That comes from having followed a side who won nothing for donkeys years.
It leaves a scar. But like our lot, yours were there through thick and thin. Cant fault you.
As for trouble? Well its all but gone away now thank God. The pubs in and around Canton is where all the banned
and ex-banned lunatics drink and they would only raise their heads from their pints if a similar minded group of Man City
fans were to wander past. Many have radius bans that force them to drink right out on City Road which is a nowhere
near where any Man City fans will go for a pint, so many just dont bother leaving their houses thank fuck
But i still walk past certain pubs and think they are all liable to steam out any minute and kick off
with a litter bin or anything to satisfy their cocaine fualled urges. Cardiff City Centre is safe as houses for everyone.
Only a suicide bomber would be daft enough to want to ''perform'' in town. Even the Valley Commandos who will
be drinking it town will only just manage to rustle up a raised eyebrow if they see law abiding Man City fans. The
whole atmosphere in Cardiff has changed beyond recognition from the brooding, surly, aggressive "protect our
town at all costs'' attitudes of a few years ago. Have a great time in my amazing City!!! I'll settle for a point...Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.