Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Aguia said:
gravediggerj said:
1. We're not fucked. Bellamy was good and is now getting on a bit. Garcia does read the game quite well, plus we have pace at full back

2. Is jovetic still injured?

MP said earlier in the week that Jovetic would be 80% healthy for the game. Not sure if he meant he'd be 80% fit or 80% chance he'd play. Probably not fit enough to start, maybe on the bench.
My impression from the press conference was that Jovetic could play if it was necessary as he is fit and in training but that they would not play him and risk an injury so soon after recovery. Possibly the same with Nastasic?

I can only remember Javi playing CB twice, one against Southampton and another against Milan, we know that went. But we have to remember that he was joined by Lescott who´s not the quickest, might explain why he was so poor there. Two slow CB is not ideal specially when they´re not used to eachother, just a thought.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Pantilimon, Nastasic, Kolarov, Rodwell, Milner, Nasri, Negredo

No barry

He'll never get on the bench when we play our strongest team and every one is fit. Rodwell is preferred and Milner can play there too. He's been a good player but his time as an important player for us is over.

taconinja said:
BlueCityfan said:
The bad thing about Garcia at CB is that i don't think he has much confidence in himself at CB.
Isn't it Pellegrini's job to instill confidence and something in which he's supposed to excel?

There is only so much a manager can do. Thing is that at CB he can't afford to lose the ball like he did to Shaarawy in the friendly.
Also a concern that it looks like Lescott-Nastasic won't work. Mancini didn't use it, Pellegrini might not either. And you would like to have all your CB's being comfortable playing with each other.

Blue Smarties said:
Sums it up for me -

Thinking about it, Pellegrini got Santa Cruz playing on confidence. Fuck it, total faith! '#MCFCOk

Well he got Santa Cruz to score 8 goals in over 30 league appearances and once in 10 European games. He might have been confident (of that I have no knowledge) but he was still far from prolific.

nehe11 said:
I can only remember Javi playing CB twice, one against Southampton and another against Milan, we know that went. But we have to remember that he was joined by Lescott who´s not the quickest, might explain why he was so poor there. Two slow CB is not ideal specially when they´re not used to eachother, just a thought.
As I said on the previous page:
QPR away, Prem
Stoke away, FAC
Newcastle home, Prem the ther night.

Clean sheets in all, he was spot on at CH in all three.

jimharri said:
SebastianBlue said:
I doubt he does but it would be a disaster if Javi ever came on to this forum.
I'm curious; in what way would it be a ''disaster'' (your word) if Garcia came on here?

I suppose it depends on what side you fall in the Garcia debate.

For those that wish him to be shipped out it would actually be a great thing.

Can you imagine going on, say your company's customer service pages, and finding many, many customers complaining about you and endlessly expressing/discussing their belief that you are incompetent? How would you feel about the customers? About the company? About the effort you put in to your work?

Just my thoughts, of course, but I rarely want to make anyone feel that way--I've always believed in more flies with honey, personally. I've found it to it to be a very effective management method as well (in the main--more direct action is sometimes necessary, of course).

Cityfan said:
Mr. Aguia said:
gravediggerj said:
1. We're not fucked. Bellamy was good and is now getting on a bit. Garcia does read the game quite well, plus we have pace at full back

2. Is jovetic still injured?

MP said earlier in the week that Jovetic would be 80% healthy for the game. Not sure if he meant he'd be 80% fit or 80% chance he'd play. Probably not fit enough to start, maybe on the bench.
My impression from the press conference was that Jovetic could play if it was necessary as he is fit and in training but that they would not play him and risk an injury so soon after recovery. Possibly the same with Nastasic?

That's how I'm reading into it as well. If Nasty is fit enough to be on the bench he must be close to total fitness but doesn't want to risk him with "bigger" games on the horizon. We don't really need Jovetic at this point so no need to risk him. How brilliant is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.