Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stan bowles said:
Mackay will have already identified our injuries at CB and will surely think their best chance is to pump the ball into our box at every opportunity, hope to score first and get the crowd on our backs from first to last and see if we've got the stomach for the battle.

I'm hoping for a 2-1 win.

I couldn't disagree more. A partnership of Gacria and Lescott would be fine aerially. It's on the counter, especially if we play a high line, that they would be susceptible.

adr2.8i said:
[quote

I think i'd remain a bit wary over all this Cardiff are a family club business ... i just can't see the local yobs letting City have the run of the place , or the pubs ... not bearing in mind what Swansea fans did to that rags minibus last weekend !

i agree. you'll be safe as houses around the ground but in the city centre there will be certain people who will be out for trouble im sure. Cardiff Central train station is a prime area where "spotters" are usually hanging about and will let other people the numbers and whereabouts of away supporters, at least this was the case a few years ago.

I would just keep your wits about you and enjoy the city centre. Its a wonderful place to drink and 99% of us welsh scum are friendly and will enjoy the banter with away fans. I would stay away from the prince of wales pub and the ninian park pub mind as they are home pubs, but most others should be ok, especially The Lansdown pub in Canton which is popular with away supporters[/quote]

You'll me fine in the city centre. The police will be at the train station waiting for you all.
Like they do with all clubs that travel up on a train with numbers. On the corner on the station you got the great western which again they will give you that pub.

Us lot drink in canton which is about 2 mile from the ground just down from the ninian pub which u will come across, if your walking to the ground from the city centre.

Most dick heads have gone these days. How ever we aint had a large number of away fans come to us for a while.

We only seem to play up away from home. All the hardcore fans a pro blue

Im sure you will have a great day and a good welcome if not there to course trouble.

My score prediction is 3 -1 to you. With us going 1 - 0 up

A newly promoted clubs first home game will always be a tough place to go , spurs struggled at palace , cardiff will come at us at 100mph , we will have to weather the storm for the 1st 15-20 minutes , then start playing our football , i would be tempted to play dzeko and negredo for their physical attributes wouldnt risk aguero with his dodgy knee. Would also go with 3 at the back due to lack of central defenders , it will be a tough game and I would take a 1-0 or 2-1 now.

Sefiruso said:
Looks like Boyata will get a game. I hope to God Javi Garcia does not start at CB for us. He's bloody useless at the back. If not do you think Bossaerts might get a chance in the first team. he's looked decent for the EDS. Shame Rekik has gone on loan to PSV but in the long run that move will likely be a better aid to his development.

Not a fan of Boyata tbh. Not really shown any significant improvement since breaking into the first team in 2010

Surprisingly, for a lad of his size & build, he still seems to be absolutely terrified by, (and continuously caught on the wrong side of) any big, strong, physical CF that happens to be passing. (ie, Cardiff's, Heigar Helguson).

Would much rather see someone like Fernandinho fill in alongside Lescot, Nasty or Richards, until Komps is fit again.

With Kompany out for a few weeks, I'd like to learn how to evaluate his replacement(s).

So I'm a Yank with little football knowledge, but I would like to learn. I would like to learn how to grade/evaluate center (sorry American) backs. I have been watching the beautiful game for the past 4 years, and it has always been the hardest for me to judge. I would greatly appreciate any comments.

Can see this being a tough game. I'd stick Negredo alonside Dzeko. Who to put with Lescott is the big one :( Garcia Boyata or chance Yaya? Pellegrini will go with Garcia imo. Negredo and Dzeko will cause the Cardiff defence plenty of problems with the power they have. Aguero on after 60/70 mins if it doesn't work.

Hart

Zaba Garcia Lescott Clichy

Navas Fernandinho Yaya Silva

Negredo Dzeko

Although I say it'll be tough I see us having to much for Cardiff and i'm going for a 2-0 win.

804623_Manchester_City.jpg

I think Boyata did excellent at the Audi cup and deserves a go. As others have said strong pairing at top with Edin and Alvaro could be the right choice. Maybe a match for Milner also but Jesus did so well on Monday I really want him on from start.

DruntBlunt said:
804623_Manchester_City.jpg

I think Boyata did excellent at the Audi cup and deserves a go. As others have said strong pairing at top with Edin and Alvaro could be the right choice. Maybe a match for Milner also but Jesus did so well on Monday I really want him on from start.

I feel the same way about Boyata, I would like to see him in the team while Kompany is out, at least against Cardiff. Pellegrini seems to rate Garcia though.

Nastasic will hopefully be fit for Sunday.

Doesn't really solve the problem of two left footers.

If Boyota Is the right sided cover for Kompany then he has to play.

Garcia at CB is too risky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.