Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Theengelbert said:
Did we ever concede 3 goals after going 1-0 under Mancini?

Spurs away?

Nasri got an early goal and they turned it to 3-1 I think.

Ajax away last year too now I think about it. Same as, Nasri scored then we got hammered.

No leadership at the back in Kompany's absence, a new centre back is definitely needed, luckily this result came before the end of the transfer window.

Hart was more concerned with pushing Gunnarsson out of the way than getting the ball to safety with the second. No harm in throwing Pantilimon in for the next game, just to shake Hart up a bit.

These were the only real issues for me, it's one game, we'll bounce back.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Time to drop Hart, the word is out on him.
Interesting to note that Mancini had already made the call on shipping Hart out had he kept his job.

Chippy_boy said:
I am now going to alienate 99.99% no 100.00% of City fans, but wtf.

Zabaleta is a poor footballer. I have never rated him.. 100% commitment? Tick.

Quality? Fuck off. Ineffective going forward, to the point of useless. Average in defence at best. Constantly out of position, slow, switches off, just poor.

Overall, nothing special at all. I really cannot see why everyone rates him. Today he was terrible.

And now with not playing 3 midfielders away from home will look even poorer before the game I said I would play with Garcia in front of back four play Boyata and Lescot together playing with the team selection like today we going to let a lot of goals in away from home and at home the top teams are going to make it very difficult

chinley blues said:
Chippy_boy said:

Quality? Fuck off. Ineffective going forward, to the point of useless. Average in defence at best. Constantly out of position, slow, switches off, just poor.

Overall, nothing special at all. I really cannot see why everyone rates him. Today he was terrible.

lol

rag alert

Hart 5
Zabaleta 4
Garcia 2
Lescott 6
Clichy 6
Fernandinho 5
Yaya 6
Silva 6
Navas 5
Aguero 6
Dzeko 5

Nasri 6
Milner 5
Negredo 6

Mine

Chippy_boy said:

Spot on ...... but you need a player of 100% commitment, doggedness, committed .... He is good when the whole defense is good. Easy to blame one player, but obviously the whole defence and goalkeeper is an issue at the moment and we a GK, Hart is 'coasting' thinking he is untouchable, and CB cover with only 1 CB available for the next month (lose Lescott and the title challenge is gone by September)

Damocles said:
On the fun side, I've seen seven different spellings of the word "embarrassing" in the match thread.

I don't care if you're Barcelona or Bognor Regis, newly promoted sides play their first couple of home games with an extreme fervour inspired by both their disbelief at where they are in the pyramid and driven by their fans.

There were areas where we could have done better today but two set piece goals against a makeshift defence has to go in the "unlucky" column. They'll rightly be questions on Hart and the quality of Garcia in defence but the problems we displayed today, breaking down teams who sit extremely deep then play the long ball over the central defenders, are problems that we've had for a long while now.

Pellegrini needs time to put his work in on the training ground and we should respect this, Rome was not built in a day.

A disappointing result all round but not something that I think we can draw any long nor short term conclusions over. I actually thought that Cardiff played very well and they deserved their win.
Sorry but at this level mate he simply doesn´t have the time - he has the squad (we are all led to believe) so there simply can´t be any excuses

Luke The Blue said:
Why did Navas get took off? In the first half he was the only one who created space for other players and made the right passes. I'm not being funny or anything I love Aguero but when he doesn't pass the ball and tries taking everyone on it really annoys me. I think dzeko should of stayed and Navas. We can't afford to drop points like last season to teams like Cardiff.

Dzeko wasn't planed for sub, me thinks - it was that nasty cut !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.