Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Cardiff good, us shit.

Same problems as last year, we don't finish our chances then conceed via crappy defending. I almost feel like we are Arsenal at times. So frustrating.

I seriously hope we can sort this out, any team can look at that performanc, adopt the same tactics and we will have no hope. I think at home we'll be awesome. Away is where we will lose touch from the top.

--- feeling lost

waspish said:
What worried me was Pelegrini taking Navas off straight after we scored WHY?! keep him on and while Cardiff are on the back foot go at them and get another goal
It was a strange decision

It is not any particular player's fault. We, as a team, were completely outplayed and outcoached. Cardiff made more chances over 90+ minutes than City did. Enough said.

Proelia said:
Champions2012! said:
Bet mou and moyes are out celebrating this tonight

doubt it seen as there playing eachother tommorow you bellend
Exactly they are playing each other which meant this was our opportunity to get some points on one of our title rivals which we should have done.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Damocles said:
On the fun side, I've seen seven different spellings of the word "embarrassing" in the match thread.

I don't care if you're Barcelona or Bognor Regis, newly promoted sides play their first couple of home games with an extreme fervour inspired by both their disbelief at where they are in the pyramid and driven by their fans.

There were areas where we could have done better today but two set piece goals against a makeshift defence has to go in the "unlucky" column. They'll rightly be questions on Hart and the quality of Garcia in defence but the problems we displayed today, breaking down teams who sit extremely deep then play the long ball over the central defenders, are problems that we've had for a long while now.

Pellegrini needs time to put his work in on the training ground and we should respect this, Rome was not built in a day.

A disappointing result all round but not something that I think we can draw any long nor short term conclusions over. I actually thought that Cardiff played very well and they deserved their win.
Sorry but at this level mate he simply doesn´t have the time - he has the squad (we are all led to believe) so there simply can´t be any excuses

He's played two games. He won one of them convincingly.

taleofbluehalves said:
Why was Zab marking their big striker???? Useless defending took our biggest threat off.

And here's me just thinking its strange that our 5ft full back was marking that best goal scorer every corner.

black mamba said:
Blue Haze said:
AgüeroKun said:
Richards injured?

We could have used him today. I can't see him getting beaten in the air like Zab did, not to mention how useful he is going forward.

Why did we have Zabaleta attempting to mark Campbell for the third Cardiff goal , and a six footer , in Lescott , guarding the goal line ?????????

The shit we were doing on corners was mind boggling.

Our own corners seem as ineffective (ball hits first man, midgets beating our tallest players, etc) as our defending of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.