Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Palerider said:
So lets get this right a £22M centre back and a £15M centre back are a makeshift defence? There are no excuses. If a player is in our squad then he should be good enough to play away at Bayern Munich. Still, as long as the players are happy.

we need cover in midfield play milner n fernandinho with yaya away from home and start navas on the bench 2 up top 2 midfield leaves us exsposed .

Damocles said:
On the fun side, I've seen seven different spellings of the word "embarrassing" in the match thread.

I don't care if you're Barcelona or Bognor Regis, newly promoted sides play their first couple of home games with an extreme fervour inspired by both their disbelief at where they are in the pyramid and driven by their fans.

There were areas where we could have done better today but two set piece goals against a makeshift defence has to go in the "unlucky" column. They'll rightly be questions on Hart and the quality of Garcia in defence but the problems we displayed today, breaking down teams who sit extremely deep then play the long ball over the central defenders, are problems that we've had for a long while now.

Pellegrini needs time to put his work in on the training ground and we should respect this, Rome was not built in a day.

A disappointing result all round but not something that I think we can draw any long nor short term conclusions over. I actually thought that Cardiff played very well and they deserved their win.
Cardiff played well you havin a laugh

TheMaineRoad said:
Chippy_boy said:
TheMaineRoad said:
Okay, I think I'm done on here for tonight.

Okay, so debate it.

How many assists did he get last year?
How many goals?
How many decent crosses?
How many times did he go lunging in and get skinned whilst defending?
How many times, hideously put of position?

It's emporer's fucking new clothes with Zabba. He works his socks off, and people say the love him and then no-one can come out and say you know what, I am not impressed.
I'm sorry, that is just a load of shit. He was poor today but he's a brilliant defender.
Spot on! The defence is a unit. If they're decent they instill confidence throughout. A team with zab nasty kompany and clichy would not have let in 3 today.

pella would have learnt a lot more today than after the 4-0 win last week. That's only consolation from today

Seriously what the fuck was this performance?

Before the match it was we take Cardiff seriously we dont underestimate them, well surely the team did not expect any of this what happened.
Cardiff boss said even Pellegrini's big problem will be only where to park the bus when arriving with the team...

Yeah...

Zabaleta marked Campbell? Who made this decision? Who was that stupid?

We showed the same mistakes we did last season in similar matches. Didnt see improvement in pace, mentality. It was the same. Most of the time we had no idea what to do against their defence.

And that comedy defending that cost us 3 goals.

We need a big win here, all we got is a big loss. very team watched it they know how to set up against us, concentrate for chances in the air, we will struggle against that for sure.

Next away game is Stoke, well perfectly the same can happen in theory. Will be interesting to watch how Pellegrini reacts.

Hungarian blue said:
This is not the end of the world. Actually we had some nice attacks when it was 1-1 so I assume we can speed up our level of play if fwe want and Aguero should have been more clinical because today he was such a pussy when it came to a shooting chance. Nasri had a good opportunity after their equaliser as well.

Shame about defending those corners, though... Cardiff actually didn't have any other chances.

Will be the end of the world if Chelsea win tomorrow.

henryhoover said:
sack somebody ,sack mancini again

I hope the mods don't mind but I approved this because it's genius.

W12 said:
Bring back zonal marking at corners.

Yep....the question has to be asked. We had best defensive record for 3 years with zonal marking

Lineker gloating about it on Twitter. Probably delighted that at least Wales are going to watch his dated borefest parade of washed up clueless pastel-sporting decrepits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.