Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Whilst I am at it, Fenamdino is rubbish at well. Gave the ball away constantly, contributed zero going forward and did nothing other than commit fouls, Dreadful.

lukyman said:
Ducado said:
It would be nice for some nice calm analysis of the game instead of people just venting their frustrations

Go and get your tea (or Dinner) open a beer or pour yourself a glass of wine, take a deep breath, and relax

Ranting and raving is not adding to the the discussion and I am sure that when some of you have calmed down a bit you will be embarrassed.

We will loose games this season and we will play badly, all teams do but I hope some lessons have been learnt, but it was never going to be an easy game today, it was their biggest game ever, and the players knew it, onwards and upwards damage done lessons learnt
Have already said this but got slated for it. We really do have some embarrassing knee jerks here ffs!

agree some of the reactions on here are embarrassing

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Sorry but for me, today showed exactly why getting someone like Pepe on board.

Cardiff were nothing special today, but we lost, in the main, because we weren't able to cope with their "physical approach"

As most opponents will probably employ similar tactics, when we're on the road, we desperately need someone in there who can give a bit back

Toure & Fernandhino in the middle should be able to cope with any amount of physicality.

Pigeonho said:
I've been told to 'cheer the fuck up' as we have meal date night later. Suggestions?

I find copious amounts of alcohol helps in those sort of situations?

Chippy_boy said:
bugsyblue said:
Chippy_boy said:
No, he isn't,

Yes, he is.

Ok, indulge me.

In what way is Zabaleta a brilliant defender?

Emphasis on the world brilliant. Not "average".

And "he works his socks off" does NOT equal brilliant.

I am genuinely interested on what part of his game you think is "brilliant". I just don't see it. I see a 100% dedicated, committed, professional footballer. One who gives 100% in every game. One who is keen to get forward and gives everything to defend.

The problem is, I could do those things. That does NOT equal brilliant. He is poor going forward, despite his efforts. He gets it wrong time and time again in every game whilst defending. He is hugely overrated, IMHO.
Excluding today,

Hard working
Generally excellent positioning
Good tackler
Decent in the air
Excellent forward runs
Good crosser

Poor defending from Clichy for the first goal
Poor marking from Zabaleta for the 2nd and 3rd goal

And I think we have to blame Pellegrini for the marking system instead of picking the easy choice and blame Garcia

Didn't understand our set up in 2nd half. Why not take a striker off after 1 goal and push yaya forward? We didn't make use of his power to break through the lines. Navas should have stayed on, he was a threat. I'd say Pepe is exactly what we need at the back. We were so slow with the ball.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Pigeonho said:
I took ducado's advice. There's not a lot to be calm about to be honest, not after watching that shite defending and Yaya looking like he either didn't want to be there it he thought he could walk the game. Play the top teams like that and we will be humiliated. RVP would have a cricket score on his own.

As I said mate....the rags would never have lost that game today no matter how many times people think they are on the wain...That's the difference.
Exactly and thats the difference, that would have been 3-0 to the rags and 4-0 to Chelsea today, i am looking at us finishing 4th, Spurs 3rd

There was a difference today; we were worse in defence, better in attack.

Fact remains we are still shit travelling away against poor, physical teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.