Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

I'm sure we won't concede too many corners or set pieces or throw ins to Stoke away in a few weeks. Nothing to worry about.

bugsyblue said:
Palerider said:
So lets get this right a £22M centre back and a £15M centre back are a makeshift defence? There are no excuses. If a player is in our squad then he should be good enough to play away at Bayern Munich. Still, as long as the players are happy.

Garcia isn't a centre back you div.

You don't say. Didn't United win the League last year having to play Carrick at centre back? They are professional footballers and should be able to cope with changing positions don't you think? It's not as if they were asked to play something difficult, like a 3 man defence.

Pigeonho said:
Yaya fucking terrible. Can forget the league with lazy passing and shite defending like that.

Been looking more and more like his brother for a while now. Not a patch on what he used to be. Ferandinho not commanding enough. Zaba poor...... but why the fook was he marking a 6' plus CF... oh yeah, Lescott and Garcia. Going to be long season. Do a fantasy football league (final position) at work, and 99% have us to wiin the league, and would not listen to my rational arguements. Small comfort, but at least I can say I told you so on Tuesday. 40 years a City fan, ans still the same pain! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

P.S. Nasty and Vinnie back and all will be well :-)

Chippy_boy said:
bugsyblue said:
Chippy_boy said:
No, he isn't,

Yes, he is.

Ok, indulge me.

In what way is Zabaleta a brilliant defender?

Emphasis on the world brilliant. Not "average".

And "he works his socks off" does NOT equal brilliant.

I am genuinely interested on what part of his game you think is "brilliant". I just don't see it. I see a 100% dedicated, committed, professional footballer. One who gives 100% in every game. One who is keen to get forward and gives everything to defend.

The problem is, I could do those things. That does NOT equal brilliant. He is poor going forward, despite his efforts. He gets it wrong time and time again in every game whilst defending. He is hugely overrated, IMHO.
He is a great tackler,great at decision making,is a warrior and isn't afraid of a challenge,takes part in attacks,has leadership qualities etc........

Dzeko 25 touches only
Two shots, 1 goal
88% passing accuracy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.