Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Salar said:
Chippy_boy said:
bugsyblue said:
Yes, he is.

Ok, indulge me.

In what way is Zabaleta a brilliant defender?

Emphasis on the world brilliant. Not "average".

And "he works his socks off" does NOT equal brilliant.

I am genuinely interested on what part of his game you think is "brilliant". I just don't see it. I see a 100% dedicated, committed, professional footballer. One who gives 100% in every game. One who is keen to get forward and gives everything to defend.

The problem is, I could do those things. That does NOT equal brilliant. He is poor going forward, despite his efforts. He gets it wrong time and time again in every game whilst defending. He is hugely overrated, IMHO.
He is a great tackler,great at decision making,is a warrior and isn't afraid of a challenge,takes part in attacks,has leadership qualities etc........

I don't doubt his great qualities, he is a true blue and a warrior. Yes.

But a hugely overrated and actually, fundamentally not particularly good right back. City fans are wowed by hi committment, and the media hype which has whipped up around him - started by rat face Neville, actually.

But when you look at it objectively, dispassionately, he is flaky in defence and rarely, if ever does an attack featuring Zabaleta result in a goal. The guy is average. Top bloke, love him. But average.

All our worst fears came true today,That's why it feels like typical city.

Thankfully the transfer window is still open,YES I'm afraid to say we have to throw money at the shortfalls of the squad,lots of differing opinions I know?

We can't rely on our captain staying fit,Micah too.We must improve our defence and depth in quality,there are another 6 away games like that without improvements I would fear the worst again and again,MP,will now know the weaknesses,let's see how good he and txixi can fix this limited time I know.

Some good points on here,Milner starting in front of navas,then coming on later would of been a massive game changer,too late now. Onwards and upwards ctid.

cookster said:
Pelegrini reckons that Cardiff is a difficult place and many won't win there!

Absolute bollock! One of thr easiest away days fucked up!

I would seriously stick my house on scum raping them - bookmark this if you wish

Well at least I´ve still got my sense of humour but I can just feel the first onward rush of that gallows stuff beginning to return We might need it ;)

Pigeonho said:
I've been told to 'cheer the fuck up' as we have meal date night later. Suggestions?
Sit silently chewing your food with mouth closed, thousand yard stare into nowhere..... grunt "nothing" when she asks what's wrong

Pigeonho said:
I took ducado's advice. There's not a lot to be calm about to be honest, not after watching that shite defending and Yaya looking like he either didn't want to be there it he thought he could walk the game. Play the top teams like that and we will be humiliated. RVP would have a cricket score on his own.

We will not play the top teams like that.

Yayas fucking problem is his BiG fucking ego.

He cant be arsed a lot of the time unless we are playing a "big" team.

The amount of times I hear people saying we need to keep yaya because he is a big game player speaks volumes.

Its a difficult conundrum to solve but it is self evident that it is the main issue with yaya.

Hmpf, we are still vulnerable to teams that close us down it seems.. Ah, bollox, new games on the horizon

I'm still in a shock,can't believe what I saw,2 goals from corners and headed in by smallest man on the pitch

*Kicks over the ashes of the game a bit*

It shouldn't really need saying, but this is just one match at the start of a long season and no time to be drawing final conclusions or making any great changes. Give it time.

cookster said:
Pelegrini reckons that Cardiff is a difficult place and many won't win there!

Absolute bollock! One of thr easiest away days fucked up!

You sound like a rag and very bitter. No game is easy and anyone can beat anyone

A league winning side won't lose to Cardiff and league winning sides can't afford to defend badly. We did both. Last season when the scum we're away at the likes of Southampton early on they were dreadful but won. When we don't play well we drop points. We'll score a lot this season and we'll concede a lot too. We will be in the pack chasing Chelsea and the scum sadly.

Things wrong:

One too few centre backs in the squad.
Poor balance and understanding (so far) between Yaya and Fernandinho.
Poor options at left back.
GK not under enough pressure for his place.
None of our strikers look clinical.
Away from home for nearly 2 years we fail to set the tempo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.