Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Garcia is not a CB, yes you're all right. BUT fucking Lescott is, he is the senior player in that defence and should be the one to marshall it.
That means Zab on the post as per normal and the taller players in the team picking up the runners. Attacking the ball in the air might help also.
I know it's early in the season, but how long are we gonna have to wait this year believing we're gonna kick on. I cannot see us playing this high
tempo footy, whilst everything goes through Yaya in midfield, and he decides to play at his pace.

Sorry for the rant but i'm sorry I expect more from this team.

Expectations from some on here are too high, some have been talking with such bullishness that we'll walk the league etc.

Our first team is excellent but there is a distinct drop off in quality and/or drive in the players brought in to replace them.

3 new players was never going to be able to change aspects of our game from last season. We're a work in progress and I expect us to be up there at the end of the season but I also expect games like today, unfortunately.

dave_blue12 said:
Don't understand playing Kun for 90 minutes. He's had no preseason. When Nasri was coming on I felt sure it would be Kun who went off

Baffling !
Agree

I do maintain that Stevan Jovetić is our highest quality signing of the Summer so maybe thins will be different when he gets fit.

Re: Typical City.

I'm usually not a fan of Doom & Gloom Brigade but I have to say today has me in "That City Mood" again.

And after such an amazing performance a week ago as well!

Things like this happen against spirited recently-promoted teams, it's shit but they had a game plan and it worked. We had our first two CB's and out which had a huge psychological effect on the team I reckon. Had a feeling prior to the game they'd try and pick us off with the set pieces and in fairness it worked. Our defence was all over the place, didn't help either with us attempting to play the high-line.
Hardly surprising to concede with the Georgio Samaras of defenders playing the full 90. I'm sorry, but fuck off Garcia. Hes too prone to making mistakes there's no way he should be anywhere near our 1st team. Imagine if we're out of options like today and playing against a European opposition...heaven forbid. It's imperative that we bring in a capable CB (Sakho?) as can't imagine Lescott realistically being offered a new contract either.

Poor result but we're only two games into the new season. Imagine Chelsea/Scum will undoubtedly slip up at some point in the campaign also, so no need to panic.

You drop players who aren't performing well whether it's two games into the season or not. Hart and Yaya deserve to be dropped for Hull. Zabba deserves to be dropped too but won't be as we have no cover (except Boyata).

Garcia will be dropped and everyone will say "Well done Pellers, good decision. You know what you're doing." However the real culprits for today's defeat will keep their places (Hart, Toure, Clichy, Fernandinho and Zabaleta) and they better up the game 100%. As soon as Nastasic got injured a top class CB should have been bought. I'd also bring in a new LB before the window closes.

BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BillyShears said:
Very disappointing. Thought we tried hard enough, but simply didn't show enough quality in midfield or up front. Too many sideways passes, not enough incisive play. Tempo was a huge problem again. All in all, far too reminiscent of last season.

On the plus side you'd think Pellegrini has now seen all our weaknesses at first hand.

From the one who said everything would be different and our football would be out of this world...
Sorry Billy but I have not seen anything different in that performance today than what we had last year away from home. How long is it before you start your witch hunt against Pellegrini???

Pellegrini's had two competitive games mate. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about a freak result in which we conceded two goals from two corners. The point I make about our weaknesses, well lets see how the team evolves in the next few weeks and months.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people very upset, fuck knows I am. But everyone loses a game they shouldn't sooner or later. Lets see if we learn anything from it before we start yelling and screaming hey ...

Billy-i didn't think it was a freak result.I actually thought Cardiff wanted it more and showed the desire and passion that our so called players didn't. For what Cardiff lack in skill they make up for in desire.
Sadly,City still think they can just turn up and roll teams over like this. I'm not yelling and screaming but it is very concerning that there was no difference in that today from what we all witnessed last season away from home.
I am just thinking about european games this season...We play like that and we will get pummelled.

Re: Player Responsibility

I said this a lot last season and was shouted down everytime.they are the ones on the pich and they are all great players.the manager cannot make them run faster,get a tackle in,whatever, only they can go the extra mile

BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BillyShears said:
Very disappointing. Thought we tried hard enough, but simply didn't show enough quality in midfield or up front. Too many sideways passes, not enough incisive play. Tempo was a huge problem again. All in all, far too reminiscent of last season.

On the plus side you'd think Pellegrini has now seen all our weaknesses at first hand.

From the one who said everything would be different and our football would be out of this world...
Sorry Billy but I have not seen anything different in that performance today than what we had last year away from home. How long is it before you start your witch hunt against Pellegrini???

Pellegrini's had two competitive games mate. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about a freak result in which we conceded two goals from two corners. The point I make about our weaknesses, well lets see how the team evolves in the next few weeks and months.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people very upset, fuck knows I am. But everyone loses a game they shouldn't sooner or later. Lets see if we learn anything from it before we start yelling and screaming hey ...

Billy magnanimous in defeat as ever. LMFAO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.