Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

The biggest threat to City this season, as it was last season, is going to be complacency. Thinking they can just turn up and win against lesser teams is a recipe for failure. This result might just be what we needed to concentrate minds to ensure performances like this don't keep repeating. Pelle will know this but being City only one thing is certain; it's going to be a rollercoaster ride of a season!!!

I know Hart can do better, but he made a couple of good saves today, and I would like someone to check, was Zabaleta caught out 3 times for 3 goals today? It looked like it was him letting his man go.

Love the guy but everyone has a bad day now and then. Think you'll find a big portion of the blame lies with him.

Then again, maybe he'd be more focused if he trusted the two CBs next to him.

As much as Navas has been praised for his pace , i think he does little or nothing to help cover for Zabba when he comes forward and this is where we need someone like Milner . Navas is a great player but i think he should be used against teams that play open , free flowing attacking games , teams like Swansea , Chelsea , Newcastle , Arsenal while Milner should play against teams that sit back and wait to hit on the counter , a style of play that's seems to be favoured by the newly promoted teams i.e Cardiff

I knew from the start that we were in for a tough game. Our defensive CB, Lescott & Garcia were too sluggish to be relied upon to keep Cardiff out, Silva doesn't want to shoot when the opportunity presents itself & we play at a much slower tempo when we are away, yet we have the capability to beat any team on any day.We should take the same approach to away games as we do home games.

The only good thing about today is that this was our second game, we still have 36 to play, the season has only begun, we have new players, manager, tactics & style that all has to be evolved, today was a learning curve & I have no doubt that we will progress from this. Cardiff will play every game as though its their last & that their lives depend on it, their mentality was backed up by their fans but we must expect this from other teams as well.

Yes I was pissed off at losing like everyone else was but I strongly believe that we have the ability to win this league this year with these players, we will only get stronger as the season progresses.

Marvin said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
imo it might sound stupid but i think we are missing an english core to our team, players that love the club and will put the club first, not sayign we dont have players like that btw ie zaba, kompany, but we are missing that drive in our team imo

Chelsea have terry and lampard, United- ferdinand, carrick, giggs, welbeck , liverpool- gerrard.

only an opinion btw ;)
Doesn't sound stupid.

Drive was missing and that was the key feature for me, but I think it's irrelevant what nationality the players are. I just want to see players with the Mike Doyle spirit.

The players could do little wrong for me last season - now I'm starting to think they are the mercenaries the papers always claimed
It does because our English players were pretty shite on the whole

Bridge -shite
Barry - was good now considered.... Wait for it..... Shite
Lescott - pretty shite
Sinclair - lol

I will give you Milner and to some degree rodwell if he can stay fit but on the whole overseas players are vastly superior

Thought we were total shite today and lacked any urgency until we went 1-3 down.

Yaya should not be playing in between the two central defenders because that makes three slow buggers together.

Clichy allowed an average player to outpace him for the first goal and for the second Hart should not be pushing one of their players and leaving himself flat footed.

We appear to have changed from zonal to man-to-man marking at corners and are f'ing useless at it, hense the third goal.

I only hope I am wrong but unless somebody puts a rocket up this lot we will struggle to finish top four.

Blue and Proud said:
The biggest threat to City this season, as it was last season, is going to be complacency. Thinking they can just turn up and win against lesser teams is a recipe for failure. This result might just be what we needed to concentrate minds to ensure performances like this don't keep repeating. Pelle will know this but being City only one thing is certain; it's going to be a rollercoaster ride of a season!!!

Don't know about season going to b rollercoaster but it was this complemancy that lead to all three goals,our full backs were shit today

i♥city! said:
As much as Navas has been praised for his pace , i think he does little or nothing to help cover for Zabba when he comes forward and this is where we need someone like Milner . Navas is a great player but i think he should be used against teams that play open , free flowing attacking games , teams like Swansea , Chelsea , Newcastle , Arsenal while Milner should play against teams that sit back and wait to hit on the counter , a style of play that's seems to be favoured by the newly promoted teams i.e Cardiff

Well good luck if you think Navas will do his share of defensive work - as far as i've seen he's an old fashioned attacking winger where defending doesn't come into the equation. I agree though that he should be used tactically against specific teams as he'll pose much more of a complete threat that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.