Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Dead ball focus HAS TO BE "be first to the ball!"

Every single time we have a set piece against us, we spend the entire time worrying about the man instead of the ball! I have no idea how City coach dead balls, but we have been shit defending them for YEARS!! Sad thing is, one of the hardest nosed defenders in the world, Zaba, got schooled by Campbell TWICE because Zaba lost the man AND the ball!

Joe Hart's kicking is STILL atrocious! Clearly, his shot blocking skills are world class, but his kicking and defending crosses skills are virtually non-existent!! God knows why he is leaning on the player in front of him, who is already marked, when the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is where the ball is!!

BECAUSE he was leaning in and pushing off, he had FORWARD momentum when he needed to be springy and on his toes to move IN ANY DIRECTION based on the flight of the ball. I honestly think I could have defended that first goal better than he did.

Sadly, as with Mancini, we lacked the creativity to break down an 11 man defense. Not for nothing, but United would have had two wide men pumping balls into the space between the 6 yard box and penalty spot for the last HOUR of that game and come away 3-1 WINNERS!!

Negredo and Dzeko have EARNED starting roles and should be the focus of an attack that is getting pinged with balls from Zaba and Jesus on the right and Clichy and Kolarov on the left, with ONE DM (Yaya or Ferna) and a Silva or Nasri in the hole WHEN FACED WITH FULL TEAM DEFENCES like today.

Cardiff 9 shots 6 on target
City 16 shots 5 on target.

Cardiff corners 3
City 8

Cardiff possession 30%
City 70%

Conclusion 30% of urgency and purpose is better than 70% of posing and 5 yard sideways/backwards passes with no opponent in sight.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
imo it might sound stupid but i think we are missing an english core to our team, players that love the club and will put the club first, not sayign we dont have players like that btw ie zaba, kompany, but we are missing that drive in our team imo

Chelsea have terry and lampard, United- ferdinand, carrick, giggs, welbeck , liverpool- gerrard.

only an opinion btw ;)
Doesn't sound stupid.

Drive was missing and that was the key feature for me, but I think it's irrelevant what nationality the players are. I just want to see players with the Mike Doyle spirit.

The players could do little wrong for me last season - now I'm starting to think they are the mercenaries the papers always claimed

I said in midweek, on the pre-match thread, that, given the choice, I would've started with Milner & Negredo today. (as I felt both were better suited to cope with the physical game I expected Cardiff to give us.

True, Edin scored with a cracking shot, (from outside the area again), today, but
when he's in the box, having to compete directly with a defender for a 50/50 ball, (particularly crosses, which he 'supposedly' thrives on) he seems scared of his own shadow.

shit day at the office, quite impressed though with the ground, organisation wise anyway,

like the lids on pints and barriers for the bar, worked well,

as for the game, what a load of shit!

i bet stoke are rubbing their hands together..

navas didnt look intrested, thought he was going to set the league alight

hopefully this will kick him up the arse to get a few centre backs in,

although it was rubber fingers harts fault really,

would lescott get in any of the top 4's sides...NO and dont get me started on garcia!

thank god we've only got hull at home next week...

FFS its two games into the season we've lost one game! We don't need to sack the manager we don't need to buy a whole new team! Yes it was crap today and listening to the crowing Welshies was hard to take but fair play to them they beat us so move on. There needs to be, and I am sure there will be changes after that but rather than running round like headless chickens lets keep the faith in the manager and the team that were going to dominate the world for years to come after Mondays performance.

There are some overreactions on an Arsenal scale in here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.