Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

the build-up was slow because there were 11 cardiff players behind the ball, Navaz had 3 of them to his self
the three goals were all preventable
the forum is hard reading but made a million times worse by constant reference to the rags "they would have done this, or they would have done that" . I dont give a fuck about the scum and certainly not on a City forum.

It is important that we get Vinnie and Nasty back before the derby.

Five talking points from today's game:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=386</a>

bellbuzzer said:
the build-up was slow because there were 11 cardiff players behind the ball, Navaz had 3 of them to his self
the forum is hard reading but made a million times worse by constant reference to the rags "they would have done this, or they would have done that" . I dont give a fuck about the scum and certainly not on a City forum.

The thing is, if Navas is taking 3 Cardiff players out, why didn't we exploit that situation?

-- Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm --

Theengelbert said:
Did we ever concede 3 goals after going 1-0 under Mancini?
spurs away

This for me is the crucial difference in today's performance and the most concerning.

In 3 odd years under Mancini I can recall only Spurs away when we led 1-0 and conceded 3 goals to lose. There may have been other games but I can't recall them. I cannot recall ever taking the lead 1-0 in the 60th minute against a 'lesser side' - and a side that was visibly tiring - and conceding 3 goals. Scoring first and seeing out the game was what we did. Not scoring first and struggling to break someone down was always a bit of a bugbear but scoring first?

Leaving aside slow tempo or blaming everything on Garcia or whatever your favourite gripe happens to be for me its conceding 3 goals after taking a 60th minute lead against a team that was starting to wilt. This and this alone has me concerned because if we have lost that ability to control and close a game out once we are in front then you can kiss the PL title goodbye.

bellbuzzer said:
They are the Champions and the team we are trying to beat and therefore we must compare ourselves to them.

And they won the title yet are always hungry for more, yet we win it once and we go backwards. All comes down to attitude

Let's be blunt about it.

We had a team filled with quality players, including world class players.

Cardiff had a team filled with average players. No disrespect.

However you look at it, we should have won that game today..

Marvin said:
bobmcfc said:
Marvin said:
Doesn't sound stupid.

Drive was missing and that was the key feature for me, but I think it's irrelevant what nationality the players are. I just want to see players with the Mike Doyle spirit.

The players could do little wrong for me last season - now I'm starting to think they are the mercenaries the papers always claimed
It does because our English players were pretty shite on the whole

Bridge -shite
Barry - was good now considered.... Wait for it..... Shite
Lescott - pretty shite
Sinclair - lol

I will give you Milner and to some degree rodwell if he can stay fit but on the whole overseas players are vastly superior
But 50% of the point was that drive is the issue with the current squad's failings. Utd were 11 points better than us because they had the drive which took a "lesser" squad way above us. In fact "desire" and will to win is just as important as any other quality which I why it is stupid to look at City's and Utd's team on paper and assume ours is better. Their players have learned to always be up for it.

We were told the deficiency was down to Mancini. Should have backed him and got rid of the players who weren't prepared to do it all over again

Their drive may be down to their Posession of Alex ferguson and the fact they had a well established core of academy players like giggs,scholes Neville etc. we should have backed and stuck with Mancini, he wanted certain player but didn't get them, he lost players too. It's rare a manager has 100% control over ever aspect of a club and yes there was a big power struggle. Mancini lost. The players got their way and I wonder if they can even be arsed again now they hold all the cards. United had a hard nosed, tough manager who was renowned for his lack of taking shit. Players however big got cocky they went through the door. It was all on his terms and if a player had lost his use then he was out. Foreign players are vastly superior and cheaper than English ones but the key to the ignition is having the kind of set up where nobody undermines the job of a successful manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.