Cardiff vs Swansea in the Premier League

MCFC BOB said:
All of a sudden the franchise change and investment of cash doesn't seem like a bad idea.

to an outsider yes maybe, but how would you feel if Mr.Mansour suddenly sold the club and the new owners came in and said from now on MCFC will play in red because red is our lucky colour regardless of Citys history as being blue? And we shall now be known as the Manchester City Red Dragons?

I'm guessing there would be uproar?

adr2.8i said:
MCFC BOB said:
All of a sudden the franchise change and investment of cash doesn't seem like a bad idea.

to an outsider yes maybe, but how would you feel if Mr.Mansour suddenly sold the club and the new owners came in and said from now on MCFC will play in red because red is our lucky colour regardless of Citys history as being blue? And we shall now be known as the Manchester City Red Dragons?

I'm guessing there would be uproar?
Yep, and rightly so. But the uproar seems to have been abandoned now you can pay Helguson and Bellamy's wages - and subsequently get promoted.

MCFC BOB said:

Yeah, but not changing the whole DNA of a club on a whim to appease his own superstitions, removing their traditional colours and nickname (badge).

Wouldn't surprise me if the bluebird gets dropped altogether next season...

well theres still alot of unrest at the club. A lot of "the old guard" see cardiff as blue and should always be blue. (im one of them). but i know people who have returned their season tickets in disgust and will not follow the club as red.

but as with man city, success brings all the glory hunters who will suddenly follow the bluebirds/redbirds/red dragons or whatever we will be called next.

i would love cardiff to be successful, we are a sleeping giant of a club but at what sacrifice? all our history is blue. our colours are blue. our nickname is blue. our stadium is blue ffs.

i will still follow my hometown club but i will NEVER wear red. EVER. its even a mufc shade of red! :-(

Apparently Cardiff will have something like 25 million quid to spend on players. Not bad for a team just promoted into the PL. Might take some players off of QPR maybe?

Syth said:
Apparently Cardiff will have something like 25 million quid to spend on players. Not bad for a team just promoted into the PL. Might take some players off of QPR maybe?

alot of people are talking about taking from qpr.

rumours down here are a joe ledley and an aaron ramsey return to the bluebirds?? cant see ramsey leaving arsenal mind.

adr2.8i said:
Syth said:

alot of people are talking about taking from qpr.

rumours down here are a joe ledley and an aaron ramsey return to the bluebirds?? cant see ramsey leaving arsenal mind.
Those rumours have to be a piss-take, both those players have have played in 80%+ of their team's games this season. There's no way, even on a loan, they are going to give up CL football to go back to Cardiff (maybe a slight chance of Joe purely because of wages Cardiff can offer now they are in the PL?).

QPR might be a good shout for some players after the season ends but there is a reason they have been so shit and it's not completely down to Clueless and the Twitcher so your manager would need to think carefully about who would be worthwhile to sign.

£25m is a pretty healthy budget but unless some real bargains appear you are typically looking at a minimum of £5m for PL quality per player (more if you want 'good' players).

Pigeonho said:
Blues going away will have a belting piss up there next season. Stay at the Etap which is on Atlantic Wharf and make a night of it. There's a top pub right on the quayside there.

Indeed there is! The Wharf, which I can see from my balcony. Good food, staff are great and prices are top notch. Lovely sitting outside on a summer's day there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.